• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this real? (Trading Newton)

RockyTopVol

I'm sorry, I know im in the minority but my opinion has been that while Cam is good he is not elite good like Rodgers, Tom Brady or Manning and as such, if a good enough trade came about I would not be opposed. I like Stafford better as an overall passer. I just think he is overrated by Panther fans, don't get me wrong, he's a solid QB, I'm not saying he's bad, I just don't think he's elite and untouchable as some on here think he is

Are you for real?  You aren't opposed to trading him because he's not Rodgers/Brady/Manning elite?  He's 25 years old for Christ's sake!  Of the guys you named, Rodgers is the youngest one you mentioned, and he's been in the league twice as long as Cam.  He was 7 seasons in before they won a super bowl, and that was with a hell of an offense and a pretty damn good defense.  Holy poo, he's not even had an opportunity to be great yet...

Are you for real? You aren't opposed to trading him because he's not Rodgers/Brady/Manning elite? He's 25 years old for Christ's sake! Of the guys you named, Rodgers is the youngest one you mentioned, and he's been in the league twice as long as Cam. He was 7 seasons in before they won a super bowl, and that was with a hell of an offense and a pretty damn good defense. Holy poo, he's not even had an opportunity to be great yet...

After 4 seasons he should atleast be more consistent and a better deep ball, his touch on his deep balls are still very bad and his mechanics are suspect a lot of the times

I'm sorry, I know im in the minority but my opinion has been that while Cam is good he is not elite good like Rodgers, Tom Brady or Manning and as such, if a good enough trade came about I would not be opposed. I like Stafford better as an overall passer. I just think he is overrated by Panther fans, don't get me wrong, he's a solid QB, I'm not saying he's bad, I just don't think he's elite and untouchable as some on here think he is

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning at 25 were not as good as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in their early 30's. Give him the time he needs

Lol, thats the same guy who got into it with DJ stout on twitter, basically insulting his wife and trying to act like he wanted to meet DJ and Garcia to fight. Great source!

Twitter was created in order to incite the stupid to reveal themselves to the public.

It's working great.

After 4 seasons he should atleast be more consistent and a better deep ball, his touch on his deep balls are still very bad and his mechanics are suspect a lot of the times

Funny, when he had a deep threat(Smitty) his first couple of seasons, his deep ball was pretty damn good.  Also, if you were one of the most pressured/sacked QB's in the league for the past 2 seasons, your mechanics may be pretty suspect to, don't you think?  

I'm not saying he's perfect, because he's not... nobody is.  It would be... just stupid, to trade him away because he's not Brady, etc.  We may not see another guy like Brady in the next half century.  The others, and I'm not trying to take too much away from them, almost always had legit weapons surrounding them.  Cam hasn't, aside from his rookie year.  It makes a huge difference in the team game they play.

Archived