• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realtor and Home Buying

PandaPancake

Not sure what you real question is.......

Just be honest with your realtor about what you are looking for....what are deal enders....honesty about your budget....etc

Now, if you are trying to determine if the realtor is the right one to hire, then I would ask about how they will work for you....what areas of the city do they specialize in (make sure you get a realtor that sell a lot in the areas that you are interested in....not just the city, but the areas of the city).  You will spend a lot of time with your realtor looking at houses and negotiating.....so you need to make sure that your personalities mesh.

Maybe one had too many experiences buying a car and not wanting to give away too much information. We have a price range, we already have a liquid down payment that's about a fifth of our budget. We don't want to get too much of a loan in case our income changes. Should income or down payment be mentioned? Or just set a ceiling price? What lenders should we see? What are the guidelines for income to debt ratio? How do they feel about student loan debt? What interest rate should we look for? Should I use my VA loan? The fiance is a W2 and by the time we sign I'll be self employed. Part of this purchase would be moving my consulting business from the offIce I'm leasing now to a separate structure on the land. We're looking at 100+ acre properties. Because my business will be there should that effect how long our loan is?

I was a realtor (still licensed not practicing at the moment)

Just be upfront and honest. We are asking you to hire us, not the other way around. You are the boss, we are just the housing experts and negotiators.

We are just a guide on your quest, making it as easy as possible for you and making sure you avoid pitfalls.

Maybe one had too many experiences buying a car and not wanting to give away too much information. We have a price range, we already have a liquid down payment that's about a fifth of our budget. We don't want to get too much of a loan in case our income changes. Should income or down payment be mentioned? Or just set a ceiling price? What lenders should we see? What are the guidelines for income to debt ratio? How do they feel about student loan debt? What interest rate should we look for? Should I use my VA loan? The fiance is a W2 and by the time we sign I'll be self employed. Part of this purchase would be moving my consulting business from the offIce I'm leasing now to a separate structure on the land. We're looking at 100+ acre properties. Because my business will be there should that effect how long our loan is?

Of course you use your VA loan!

majority of America cannot afford dropping 20% on a house so use that benefit. You can also use it To your advantage against other potential buyers on the same house. save your cash for the move or furniture.

Btw... how's the real estate market in Denver? How much does a 3br, 2b go for?

screw you...I'm not giving you any of my great advice on this...hope there's dead people in your new place!

I'm sure it's good advice but you'd have to give me 30% more advice to equal American advice. I was just looking out for your fingers.

Of course you use your VA loan!

majority of America cannot afford dropping 20% on a house so use that benefit. You can also use it To your advantage against other potential buyers on the same house. save your cash for the move or furniture.

Btw... how's the real estate market in Denver? How much does a 3br, 2b go for?

I have no idea about Denver. I'm looking north. I'm more about the land than the house itself. We found one 3 bed 2 bath with 180 acres for 315

Give the realtor a range, give them things that you absolutely don't want so they don't waste any time. Tell them what's important to you as well. Also, make sure you tell them what you'd be willing to sacrifice for another thing, for an example more land for less bedrooms or a basement or a less land for a more updated house, less distance to the city for a nicer house or vise versa. Just examples...the more information, and flexibility in the right areas, the less time will be wasted. I hate it when people waste my time and I've dealt with a few that will try to go that route like brining you in an area you said you did not want...also make sure and do as much research as your realtor is so you'll have the right questions when you need to.

Archived