• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If I Had to Call the WR Depth Chart Today...

SetfreexX

Jennings is not on the roster yet, so you cannot really include him.

Hill will have a chance in training camp, but unless he has improved drastically this off season, I do not see him making the team.

KB

Rookie

Cotchery

Ginn

Brown

If we keep 6 it will be who ever wins the battle in training camp. It could be Bersin or a rookie.

Why does it matter if he adds Jennings if you're already adding a rookie? We may not even draft one.

It makes zero sense to exclude Jennings because of assumptions and then just assume something different.

Sign Jennings, draft a rookie, cut Cotchery, develop Philly and Benji, then call it a day.  Use Ginn as a returner and #5 or on screen plays getting him the ball quickly with space.  Stash Hill on the practice squad until the injury bug strikes.  That's a decent combination of speed, power, and possession and should be good enough to beat anyone with a healthy Stew.

An answer to what. You obviously think that Brown is all that and a bag of chips. I don't. No reason to belabor the difference in opinion.

An answer to why he needs to be replaced. I don't think he's "all that and a bag of chips." I think he's better than the majority of #4 and #5 receivers in the league and is worth a roster spot. Look at how much money he's making and explain to me why he needs to be replaced.

An answer to why he needs to be replaced. I don't think he's "all that and a bag of chips." I think he's better than the majority of #4 and #5 receivers in the league and is worth a roster spot. Look at how much money he's making and explain to me why he needs to be replaced.

If he doesn't get better at special teams.. He is no where near one of the better depth WR'S in the league. .

He has to do more then catche 20 something passes, be a headache on special teams, and get hurt a lot to be 4th or 5th WR on a good team..

I am not even talking about money, but...I am sure we can get q high quality cheap replacement...:)

Seriously, I could go down nearly every roster in the NFL and dispel your belief. But that aside, because I am sure that we could probably play ping pong all night, Corey Brown is a smallish, injury prone JAG who is not as fast as his Huddle reputation. His special teams value is damn near nil now and he doesn't have the best hands (although not the worst at 5.6% according to Sporting Charts). His 2.7 YAC is extremely pedestrian, on KB's level, even though he is mistakenly billed by some as fast and/or quick. Regardless of how bad some want him to be Steve Smith or DJax, the guy is easily replaceable. But for a stubborn coach who seems to put a higher priority on loyalty to marginal players than he should, Brown would be upgraded (and still might).

Now you know how I feel.

Archived