• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current Panthers Receiver Depth Chart

Jeremy Igo

Already got it on the fight I'm just saying how certain I am he'll be on the team, and likely contributing. I don't get why you hate Corey. He's already better than your boy Moore.

LOLOLOL OL OLOL OL

Well, one analytical point of comparison that we have right now is their rookie years, so...

LOLOLOL OL OLOL OL

Well, one analytical point of comparison that we have right now is their rookie years, so...

You laugh now, but let's remember this and see where each's career is at a few years down the road. 

Proehl does too? And DG as well? Because they probably make up 90% of the decision of whether to keep Brown on the roster or not.

I love it when people just randomly pull percentages out of their ass when speculating.

I'm sure the HC, nor OC don't fit into that equation at all. Oh, yeah, they make up the other 10 percent. Lol.

Look, Brown is going to have to compete for his spot. It's not going to be handed to him on a Panthers platter.

May the best men win. If he is part of that group, then fine. But let's not act like he has a God given right to anything.

I love it when people just randomly pull percentages out of their ass when speculating.

I'm sure the HC, nor OC don't fit into that equation at all. Oh, yeah, they make up the other 10 percent. Lol.

Look, Brown is going to have to compete for his spot. It's not going to be handed to him on a Panthers platter.

May the best men win. If he is part of that group, then fine. But let's not act like he has a God given right to anything.

I love it when people just randomly rip on Rivera because they assume that players are on the team because he "loves JAGs" or "wants Rudys to succeed," as if the GM and positional coaches have absolutely nothing to do with those players getting playing time or being on the roster...

And I never ever said that his roster spot will be handed to him or that it's his "God given right." His play on the field has shown me that he is a quality receiver and that he is worthy of not only a roster spot, but a contributing role, and he has a lot of potential and room to improve. If he magically, out of nowhere declines significantly from last year (which doesn't just happen barring serious injury that limits explosiveness, i.e. Nicks and Crabtree) then sure he may not make it. But I don't see that happening. If he continues to play like he did last year or improves, he will earn his roster spot.

Boykin will probably make the team since he can play special teams after all what's the point of keeping a back up if he isn't versatile? He could also step up if someone gets injured. I'm not saying he will be our starting WR but injuries happen in the NFL and teams that have good depth overcome injuries.

I love it when people just randomly rip on Rivera because they assume that players are on the team because he "loves JAGs" or "wants Rudys to succeed," as if the GM and positional coaches have absolutely nothing to do with those players getting playing time or being on the roster...

And I never ever said that his roster spot will be handed to him or that it's his "God given right." His play on the field has shown me that he is a quality receiver and that he is worthy of not only a roster spot, but a contributing role, and he has a lot of potential and room to improve. If he magically, out of nowhere declines significantly from last year (which doesn't just happen barring serious injury that limits explosiveness, i.e. Nicks and Crabtree) then sure he may not make it. But I don't see that happening. If he continues to play like he did last year or improves, he will earn his roster spot.

Oh, how sweet it is for you to support Rivera. I am a staunch Rivera supporter. While most were calling for his head, I supported him. That being said, your term "rip" is way overblown. Anyway, lest you forgot from the other thread, let me repeat it:

Corey Brown is a smallish, injury prone JAG who is not as fast as his Huddle reputation. His special teams value is damn near nil now and he doesn't have the best hands (although not the worst at 5.6% according to Sporting Charts). His 2.7 YAC is extremely pedestrian, on KB's level, even though he is mistakenly billed by some as fast and/or quick. Regardless of how bad some want him to be Steve Smith or DJax, the guy is easily replaceable.

You know how I feel. I know how you feel. It's not a big deal. It will all come out in the wash. If I am wrong about him, then great. I will be the first to sing his praises and admit I was wrong. He's got a long way to go, but you never know.

Archived