• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current Panthers Receiver Depth Chart

Jeremy Igo

Looks like someone else has that idea as well.

"The Panthers aren't likely to complain about being able to swipe Boykin for one year, though they'll be hoping to get the 2013 version. He gives Cam Newton another big weapon at 6'2" and 218 pounds to pair with Kelvin Benjamin on the outside.

If Boykin can stay healthy and Benjamin can display better hands than he had as a rookie, the Panthers may have one of the best young receiving duos in football next year. The fact that they aren't paying big money for either only adds to the appeal of what this tandem could become."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2411560-jarrett-boykin-to-panthers-latest-contract-details-comments-and-reaction

Yeah don't hold your breath on that..

I am calling it now. Boykin > Brown.

That would surprise me but it is possible. Brown has more speed but Boykin is bigger. Boykin and Brown both can play special teams but I assume Boykin can play more positions that Brown. Boykin has more experience but Brown has spent a year in our system. I've always thought Brown would be our #3 WR this year even if we draft/sign a WR but Boykin does have a chance to beat him out for the spot.

I guess you could add Ginn to the mix as well but even though he has more speed and experience he isn't the better receiver and probably will be specifically special teams only.

I would expect us to keep 5-6 receivers on the 53 man roster.

Of those on the roster right now I feel like KB and Ginn are pretty much guarenteed roster spots.

That leaves the following receivers to compete for the last 3-4 roster spots:

Corey Brown

Bersin

Cotchery

Boykin

Hill

Presley

Mike Brown

Lucas

Potential draft pick

Potential free agent (Jennings)

I would expect us to keep 5-6 receivers on the 53 man roster.

Of those on the roster right now I feel like KB and Ginn are pretty much guarenteed roster spots.

That leaves the following receivers to compete for the last 3-4 roster spots:

Corey Brown

Bersin

Cotchery

Boykin

Hill

Presley

Mike Brown

Lucas

Potential draft pick

Potential free agent (Jennings)

That's how I see it..

That's 8-10 guys for 3-4 spots. And if they do sign Jennings he gets a spot guaranteed. Plus an early draft would be guaranteed. So that COULD be 6-8 guys for 1-2 spots.

I would be renting, not buying, if I was some of these guys.

Special teams contributions, future potential (age), and practice squad eligibility might all factor into some of the final decisions.

Special teams contributions, future potential (age), and practice squad eligibility might all factor into some of the final decisions.

Yes I would love for that to be the case.. Make the bottom of the roster earn it and provide multiple things to get it..

Completely agree. Obviously WR and OL will be the most interesting camp battles. Can't wait to hear the day by day from @ravensinsider.

Archived