• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current Panthers Receiver Depth Chart

Jeremy Igo

Here is a look at how the Carolina Panthers receiver depth chart is shaping up, as I see it. 

#1 Receiver

Kelvin Benjamin - Looking to build on a solid rookie campaign. 

#2 Receiver

Help Wanted - Apply Within

#3 Receiver / Deep Threat

Ted Ginn - Back in Carolina, looking to regain stride

Corey Brown - Showed great potential to build on. 

#4 Receiver / 3rd down possession guys

Jerricho Cotchery - Mixed results in 2015

Brenton Bersin - Dependable role player, had a few nice first down grabs.

Jarrett Boykin - Will push Bersin, possible special teams roster spot

Question Marks / Special Teams

Stephen Hill - Fan favorite with much to prove still 

De'Andre Presley - on the bubble

Mike Brown - Special teams signing

Marcus Lucas - Big body that showed flashes in 2014 training camp

The Carolina Panthers still appear to be primed to draft a wide receiver early in the 2015 NFL Draft. I still like Jaelen Strong in the first round at 25, who the Panthers are also interested in. 

The glaring hole at #2 is the caveat to the whole offense. They have to hit on a WR that can produce and fill that void. With a solid pick, we win. D.G needs to do his magic in the draft and get this done.

If the #2 WR gets filled via draft or Jennings, then the depth chart you show here is a solid WR group for this coming year. Not a major strength but certainly not a weakness. However, if the depth chart must be shuffled to include no new WRs (no draft and no Jennings) then the depth chart takes on a dramatically different luck. Unless of course one of the "Question Marks / Special Teams" guys you point out does in fact surprise in camp.

To be sure, I like the group (even as is) and am excited to see them shake out their positioning in camp. I would really like the group if we have a solid #2. Add Jennings AND a #2 from the draft? It's a strength.

Time will tell but, as per usual, I'm optomistic.

A lot of feelings will be hurt when Brown go bye bye.

Having absolutely nothing to do with my feelings towards Philly or my fandom, I would bet $10,000 (pretty much everything I have) that he's on the roster through all of next season.

Seriously, I can't wait for it to get underway. I have a sneaking suspicion that some scripts are going to be flipped after it's all said and done. And speaking of done, Gettleman may not even be done yet which will throw another FA receiver into the mix.

I may not be enamored with the group right now, but competition is always a good thing. Hopefully it's a fierce one.

Having absolutely nothing to do with my feelings towards Philly or my fandom, I would bet $10,000 (pretty much everything I have) that he's on the roster through all of next season.

Call Vegas. Some chump who doesn't know how Rivera hangs for dear life onto JAGs might take that bet,.

Call Vegas. Some chump who doesn't know how Rivera hangs for dear life onto JAGs might take that bet,.

Already got it on the fight I'm just saying how certain I am he'll be on the team, and likely contributing. I don't get why you hate Corey. He's already better than your boy Moore. 

I could see Philly Brown our #3 WR over Ginn. He and Ginn are basically the same player only Brown doesn't have drop issues. I really would love for us to get Jalen Strong he would be a solid #2. If We don't draft a WR in the first few rounds then maybe Hill could be our 2, it's a long shot but still possible.

Archived