• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rashad Greene

This guy makes so much sense to me that I'm surprised he's not coming up in more conversation or that we haven't (according to Ken's list) had a reported meeting with him yet. 

At 6', 180lbs with a 4.5 average 40 time, he reminds me as much of a young Greg Jennings as anyone else in this years draft. He excels at cross field routes across the middle, generally being the high percentage receiver underneath the #1 wideout but with definite YAC ability.  

Now most of this board has picked up the usual post combine/pro day blindness to the fact that elite athletes don't always make good receivers and this guy is not the fastest or biggest receiver in the draft, but Greene is a Biletnikoff Semi Finalist, twice All-ACC and is in the conversation for greatest ever FSU receiver alongside Anquin Boldin.  

Given he's great friends with KB, is a leader in the locker room, has great hands and can provide another receiver in the intermediate range that Olsen works so successfully, I just don't get why he isn't in the round 2-3 discussion instead of the likes of Perriman/Strong. Add in the fact that 4.5 isn't exactly a slow 40 time and that he has punt return experience, to me he's an absolute no brainer if he falls into the mid/late third round. 

TLDR: This guy is a receiver FIRST, has great chemistry with KB and is a high percentage guy that would help relieve pressure from KB, Cam and Ginn in the same way that Olsen acts as a pressure release in short/intermediate routes with YAC ability. I would love to consider him with our 2nd or third, if he was 15lbs heavier he would be in the first round discussions. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQcwjrRHbU

There are better options. Wouldn't take him 1-4 but may wouldn't mind using one of our 5ths on him. He doesn't scream anything that will be special in the NFL

If you're basing "anything special" on his size and speed then you may be right, I'm basing his anything special on his competitiveness, leadership and ability to play as a WR. 

I mean, I saw your comment in a thread before, went to read up on him, and nothing really screamed out at me.

Now you do have a good point about chemistry with KB.

In those mid rounds, Hardy, Montgomery Dorsett and Lippett just seem more enticing for different reasons.

In those mid rounds, Hardy, Montgomery Dorsett and Lippett just seem more enticing for different reasons.

I like and get your reasoning behind this list, definitely talent here. But each of these guys is physically undersized and will effectively be a low percentage target asked to run deep and stretch the field, which is not what we're missing in my eyes. Benjamin and Ginn are both effective Deep ball targets, Ginn because of speed and KB because you put him on an island 1-1 outside and he can out reach backs to make the play.

What we need and where Cam is most effective is throwing intermediate to Olsen. we've been trying to fill this receiver hole with Avant/Cotchery and recently Jennings. Greene is that guy, a true No 2 that knows KB and will be able to use the space behind him immediately. That's a true pressure release for the offense, someone that can run cross field and win 1-1 match ups against LBs while Ginn and KB are sent up the field. 

I like and get your reasoning behind this list, definitely talent here. But each of these guys is physically undersized and will effectively be a low percentage target asked to run deep and stretch the field, which is not what we're missing in my eyes. Benjamin and Ginn are both effective Deep ball targets, Ginn because of speed and KB because you put him on an island 1-1 outside and he can out reach backs to make the play.

What we need and where Cam is most effective is throwing intermediate to Olsen. we've been trying to fill this receiver hole with Avant/Cotchery and recently Jennings. Greene is that guy, a true No 2 that knows KB and will be able to use the space behind him immediately. That's a true pressure release for the offense, someone that can run cross field and win 1-1 match ups against LBs while Ginn and KB are sent up the field.

I don't necessarily think that they would be asked to run deep up the field, especially initially. I could easily see all of these guys as a primary slot receiver also, though I will admit that I see more for Hardy and possibly Montgomery.

By the way, Montgomery has size. He may be 6'0. But he is well put together. He is Boldin-esque as far as his build, but admittedly will take a little time to polish up.

I watched most of the FSU games this past year because they were on all the time and I wanted them to lose every single one. Every. Single. One.

As I watched Greene I said on more than one occassion that this kid is an NFL star. He was so dependable. He always seemed open and when he wasn't he caught the ball anyways. Great feet and great hands. Realizing that he has chemistry with KB already is just a plus. The two of them together were the 1 and 2 WRs for a National Championship. I see no reason that they wouldn't be very effective in the NFL as well. I get it that we wouldn't have a blazing fast speedster to "stretch" defenses. In short, I think that is overrated. Two legit threats to catch a ball is better than 1 threat and 1 guy running fast straight ahead. Add Olsen in to that mix and a good slot WR (not sure who that would be yet) and you have threats everywhere. Not threats to go 80 yards but threats to catch the ball everywhere (which I think is more important).

So if he is available in the 3rd, I'd advocate trading a 5th and 3rd to move up to get him. KB and Greene could be a special duo for years to come...and I hate FSU.

Archived