• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy's Panthers workout "went very well"

jdpanther5

Love Hardy. I said it in another thread, I think his floor is Julian Edelman and I don't even know what his ceiling is. A part of me wants to say a shorter Jerry Rice, but that'd just be hyperbole.

His FLOOR is Edelman? Cmon.

By NFL standards, he's slow and he's short. But that son of a bitch catches everything thrown to him. And he will outwork any person you put next to him.

Watching that kid grow up from nothing has been motivating...and to the OP that said he doesn't like ECU I don't really know or care why - but it's walk ons turned stars like Hardy and Carden that make me love the place.

He's a crisp, fundamental route runner and a great blocker. And like I said, he catches everything. What he does well helps hide what he can't do well. He's not going to break away from you, he's not going to create a whole lot of seperation in the NFL, and he isn't going to break tackles.

What he will do is work his ass off, catch a bunch of first downs, and Moss some fugers in the end zone because he's got long arms and big hands. He's also terrific at adapting to high, low, poorly thrown balls in the air.

I've watched every snap he's been on the field in college, you get what you pay for with him.

Jerry Rice ran in the 4.7 range, Edelman had the same time as Hardy, Welker ran over a 4.6, Antonio Brown ran a 4.47 a whopping .05 of a second faster. Threads like this remind why I'm so glad many of you have no say in personnel, we'd have a team that would be awesome at basketball and a track meet, too bad we're trying to field a football team.

Archived