• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCoy vs Kelly

Mr. Scot

"Chip Kelly doesn't like or respect star players..."

Then he turns around and signs Murray.

Oh ok.

Since when is Murray a star player? He's so much of a star only the raiders and Jags were willing to pay him like a star. Dallas sure didn't want to. Kelly only got desperate after Frank Gore bolted. Murray who has only played one full season in his career is hardly a star player.

I tend to side with teams over players.  McCoy was counting too much against the cap, was dancing, and his yards per carry was going down IIRC.

Chip is going to wear out his welcome, if that hasn't happened already, but I'm with the team on this one.

Eagles beat writer Jeff McLane might agree with you about Kelly's staying power.

Kelly's moves show inexperience

And McCoy apparently got a little testy on Twitter with the mother of his child

The real LeSean McCoy exposed on social media

Also on the topic of former Eagle players putting down their coaches...

Jeremiah Trotter rips Andy Reid's coaching abilities

"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching," Trotter told Missanelli and ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

"Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games," Trotter continued. "Time outs, running the football, you know."

His play-calling decisions also affected the psyche of the defensive players and coaches, according to Trotter.

"As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much. You know, there's times we're sitting over there like, 'Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.' And I'm sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also."

Ouch.

McCoy is the saltiest player in the NFL. I wouldn't expect this to ever go away. He will take unprompted shots at Chip for the rest of his career. He still takes shots at RBs taken ahead of him in the draft. Like he calls them out by name.

When you make moves to win players get pissed off. McCoy and Jackson both were resting on fat deals and were all about the money. There fug you pay me additude is the difference between the Raiders and the Patriots.

If I'm an Eagles fan I'm nervous but I respect the fact that Kelly is making these changes.  If he doesn't buy into the players and system he has how can he ask anyone else to do so?

Make the changes, give him time and see if he produces.

I'm not betting against him.  Well, maybe this year I am.

I have a really close friend that is a huge Eagles fan, and knows his football.

He has said the exact same thing for years, but those fans sure do love their offense.

Some folks wanted us to go after Reid as a head coach.  I wasn't on board with that idea.

Reid's offensive system makes quarterbacks look good, honestly better than they really are (as anyone who's ever traded or signed a former Reid QB would attest).

It could be argued that he benefitted greatly from having one of the best defensive minds in football, Jim Johnson, on his staff.

Guess we;'ll see how things go in Kansas City.

Not sure what the Eagles are going to do at QB....but Murray is a gosh darn beast and will probably tear it up in that offense.

Lots of speculation that they'll try to move up for Mariota, but Kelly isn't confirming.

They're poorly positined to do so now, but if they can get the Browns first rounder for Bradford, that may change.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen one player traded twice in a single offseason.

um sorry, chip kelly doesnt owe mccoy a reason or anything else. NFL is a business. deal with it.

Amazing the difference in attitude on the Huddle when it's not Steve Smith. (no idea what your view is on the Smith stuff, chkn, just in general)

Archived