• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Update: Charles Tillman signed by Panthers (official)

Cason was the second worst CB in the league last year. How in the fug is that a retarded statement?

Still better than me. And while he was indeed bad, Rivera isn't to blame for him getting playing time. White was equally as bad and we had nobody else.

Antonie Cason, and Thomas DeCoud in front of Boston and Bene. Offensive wise, that's obvious he has no clue on that one. Defensive wise, last year was very arguable. It took him half a damn season to realize Cason was trash, and so was DeCoud. And it took him half a season to realize Melvin White was not the best option too.

Bene and Boston were both hurt! And fresh out of the package 4th and 5th round rookies!

Ignorance

Bene and Boston were both hurt! And fresh out of the package 4th and 5th round rookies!

Ignorance

Bene and Boston were hurt, but then the middle of the season when they were healthy Rivera still started Cason and DeCoud.  You call it ignorance, I call it honesty.  

Bene and Boston were hurt, but then the middle of the season when they were healthy Rivera still started Cason and DeCoud. You call it ignorance, I call it honesty.

So right out of the gate two mid-late round rookies right off of injuries without a down of experience in the NFL should start over two vets. No practice, experience.. nothing.. just cold turkey?

So right out of the gate two mid-late round rookies right off of injuries without a down of experience in the NFL should start over two vets. No practice, experience.. nothing.. just cold turkey?

As bad as both of those dudes have played until then, a change needed to be made.  But getting beat by a rookie QB with a 30 year old Greg Jennings finally made the decision for him.  SMH.  There's stubborn and then there's what Rivera was doing.  

Bene and Boston were hurt, but then the middle of the season when they were healthy Rivera still started Cason and DeCoud.  You call it ignorance, I call it honesty.  

Bene started at nickel and played there until he got the high ankle sprain (I think against the Bears). His first game back and for the rest of the season, he started on the outside, so you're wrong.  Boston wasn't active for the first 5 games and he missed the entire offseason program and had a sh*tload of catching up to do. He was not ready to start until he did end up starting. How's honesty working out for you?

Archived