• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 26 Draft Prospect that will be at the Draft

nctarheel0619

Like who? The only one I think that has a chance to be in the third is the Duke guard.

Potentially?  Laken Tomlinson, Benardrick McKinney, Cameron Erving (if teams project him inside), D.J. Humpries (still not buying this fast riser talk), Byron Jones, and Devin Smith.

Wouldn't shock me if all of them are gone by the end of the 2nd, but I honestly expect at least one or two to still be there at the top of the 3rd.

Other than Laken Tomlinson and Devin Smith, the other 24 guys have gone in the Top 32 in tons of mocks

Morgan Moses went in the 1st round in virtually every mock too.  Mocks are fun to get your football fix in the offseason, but the reality is that they're worthless.  For entertainment purposes only.

Morgan Moses went in the 1st round in virtually every mock too. Mocks are fun to get your football fix in the offseason, but the reality is that they're worthless. For entertainment purposes only.

Morgan Moses stock was a steadily on the decline all last draft season. A lot like Landon Collins this season. Collins won't fall as far because it's a weak safety class

Morgan Moses stock was a steadily on the decline all last draft season. A lot like Landon Collins this season. Collins won't fall as far because it's a weak safety class

I doubt his draft stock was actually in decline simply because he never looked that impressive to begin with.  A couple scouts or GMs or "team insiders" probably leaked some info that they liked the guy and it likely soon spread like wildfire among the "analysts". 

I swear, some of the stuff that gets leaked is a 100% troll job just to see how far some idiots will run with it.

I doubt his draft stock was actually in decline simply because he never looked that impressive to begin with.  A couple scouts or GMs or "team insiders" probably leaked some info that they liked the guy and it likely soon spread like wildfire among the "analysts". 

I swear, some of the stuff that gets leaked is a 100% troll job just to see how far some idiots will run with it.

Some is and some isn't. Tavon Austin was a fast riser originally thought to be in the 2nd round range that ended up going in the top 10.

With the 25th overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft, the Carolina Panthers select....

Landon Collins, safety, Alabama

(tears of joy fill the arena as Collins stumbles to the stage and promises a Super Bowl win)

Other than Laken Tomlinson and Devin Smith, the other 24 guys have gone in the Top 32 in tons of mocks

Wasn't that long ago Smith was too. A couple more questionable invites:

@Gil_Brandt

List of players attending #NFLDraft in Chicago now up to 28. Penn State OT Donovan Smith and Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi will also be there.

Donovan Smith is definitely a surprise. Only time I've ever seen him mocked in the 1st is in the PFT mock that was released a couple days ago which came with this statement:

"This mock draft was compiled with the direct assistance of someone who gets paid plenty of money to scout players for an NFL team.  So, basically, if you think it stinks, blame him."

I guess teams like him a whole lot more than the media does and word hasn't gotten out about him yet since the invites are done in consultation with the teams.

I doubt his draft stock was actually in decline simply because he never looked that impressive to begin with. A couple scouts or GMs or "team insiders" probably leaked some info that they liked the guy and it likely soon spread like wildfire among the "analysts".

I already showed you tons of mocks with links that had Moses first round every month from December to the combine. He didn't have a good combine and as more and more analysts, teams and coaches started turning their attention to evaluating the draft prospects, his stock steadily declined out of the 1st R in a lot of mocks. Last year I posted a lot on Moses trying to help him out but it got to the point i gave up because everyone was souring on him so much. It was the same with Cyrus Kouandjio

as for the conspiracy theories in your head about how sources leaking out false info has an impact on the analysts, that doesn't make sense.

For one, a lot of analysts are ex-scouts on up to ex-GMs. Sure, some are lazy now and don't do their homework but some do. And there are plenty of freelance analysts out there that only trust the film they watch that do a great job and watch a ton of film.

And I just saw a major analyst write the other day that most analysts do their mocks on who they think a team SHOULD take instead of who they WILL take, and there is a lot of truth to that. The other day I checked 20-something final mocks from last year, 60% had us taking an OT, much more than any other position, which is silly because most teams go BPA, and our GM especially preaches it every chance he can get. So it's odd that almost 100% of current mocks have us going OT

as for analysts susceptible to sources, they don't do a good job of it if they are. Last year a lot of souces said Miami would take Ja'Wuan James at #19, so many that I believed it. He did in fact go at #19 to Miami. But looking at major mocks from last year, a bunch of those top guys didn't believe it and didn't even have Ja'Wuan in their 1st R

also, they all have different sources, from the area scout up to the GM and all in between for all different teams. And all those different sources are telling them all different things. You are silly to believe there is a coordinated effort to dupe analysts.

Finally, the other common sense thing you are not grasping is that if you have a source that lies to you, you're not going to use him as a source again. A lot of these guys' sources are their personal friends that they have a good relationship with (ex-colleague, ex-teammate, ex-college buddy or someone they otherwise built a good relationship with)

If you want to make sense, instead of making up random crap, just stick to what you know. If you don't like a prospect, just say i don't care what the analysts say, when i evaluate this prospect, he doesn't look good to me. That makes a lot more sense than making up all this random crap on top of it that doesn't make sense and is not factual

I appreciate all that typing you just did, but it all goes out the window because virtually every "analyst" out there constantly yammers on and on about their "sources".

But, you keep doing you and dredging every corner of the internet and posting crap tons of links to make you seem like you know what you're talking about.

Archived