• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why are Superman and Batman fighting?

Jeremy Igo

I think the gist of it is that Batman is wary of this alien and if he's really what he says he is.

I mean they destroyed Metropolis in that last movie and this is a sequel to that...

The comic guys will have a better answer I'm sure.

OK, question for you then. .... how are the boobs in the movie shaping up?

OK, question for you then. .... how are the boobs in the movie shaping up?

Based on that trailer, I'd say rather poorly...

Based on the cast... I'd say they don't have too terribly much to work with in the boob dept although I do find Amy Adams to be very attractive...

Gal Gadot (as Wonder Woman)

gal-gadot-uk-premiere-fast-and-furious-6

Amy Adams (as Lois Lane)

936full-amy-adams.jpg

Spoilers!!!

In

Batman v Superman Superman is no lackey of the government; if anything many of the world's governments distrust the guy. But it is Superman who goes to Gotham and starts the confrontation... at the behest of Lex Luthor. And unlike The Dark Knight Returns, Superman comes out swinging, pulverizing the Batmobile with one punch. Why would Superman do Lex Luthor's bidding? What is Lex hoping to accomplish? That would be spoiling. But know that when the fight is over, Batman will be able to point to Superman and say, "He started it!"

http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/25/why-are-batman-and-superman-fighting-in-batman-v-superman/ 

Also this Batman is unlike any we've seen on screen before. From what I've read, he's very much in the shadows, to the point people don't believe he even exists. He's a myth.

Because Batman is a straight up ninja in this rendition, lurking in the shadows making Gotham a better place by beating people to a pulp. But he realizes that he might be the only man on earth that is able to stand up to this alien that could theoretically destroy the human race. 

Imagine you're in a bar and you're 22 years old. Some guy is drunk as hell and is causing a scene. But he's big- no one wants to go up to him and tell him to calm down. 

So you being the brave knight you are go up and ask him what's wrong, but he's hammered and admittedly you'e kinda drunk too so things get mixed up. The night ends with you guys hugging and drinking shots together because you both saved a damsel in distress from the real threat- a douche bag womanizer 

I'm no fan of Farci. The guy is a giant douche but he guessed right. Except...

Batman will likely be the lackey in this one. For who? Maybe Lex Luthor indirectly. Rumor has it that Batman will come out of retirement (after Robin's murder) to investigate Kal-El.

where's that from?

Spoilers!!!

In

Batman v Superman Superman is no lackey of the government; if anything many of the world's governments distrust the guy. But it is Superman who goes to Gotham and starts the confrontation... at the behest of Lex Luthor. And unlike The Dark Knight Returns, Superman comes out swinging, pulverizing the Batmobile with one punch. Why would Superman do Lex Luthor's bidding? What is Lex hoping to accomplish? That would be spoiling. But know that when the fight is over, Batman will be able to point to Superman and say, "He started it!"

http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/25/why-are-batman-and-superman-fighting-in-batman-v-superman/ 

Also this Batman is unlike any we've seen on screen before. From what I've read, he's very much in the shadows, to the point people don't believe he even exists. He's a myth.

This is good

I said somewhere on the huddle a while back that I think Batman vs. Superman would only work if they had Bruce Wayne remain the moral compass. Superman in movies hardly works because they never explore his dark side. Reading your post just increased my interest in this movie a hundred fold.

I'd add that superheroes initially distrusting each other and duking it out at their first meeting before becoming allies has been a pretty common event in comics for a while now.

Kinda makes sense when you think about it.  Big egos, 'outside the law' attitudes, etc.

Pretty sure Marvel started it, maybe about the time they turned the X-Men from heroes to outcasts.

I'd add that superheroes initially distrusting each other and duking it out at their first meeting before becoming allies has been a pretty common event in comics for a while now.

Kinda makes sense when you think about it.  Big egos, 'outside the law' attitudes, etc.

Pretty sure Marvel started it, maybe about the time they turned the X-Men from heroes to outcasts.

Might be the first time Marvel actually did something original or before DC did a better version of it.

Because Batman is a straight up ninja in this rendition, lurking in the shadows making Gotham a better place by beating people to a pulp. But he realizes that he might be the only man on earth that is able to stand up to this alien that could theoretically destroy the human race. 

Imagine you're in a bar and you're 22 years old. Some guy is drunk as hell and is causing a scene. But he's big- no one wants to go up to him and tell him to calm down. 

So you being the brave knight you are go up and ask him what's wrong, but he's hammered and admittedly you'e kinda drunk too so things get mixed up. The night ends with you guys hugging and drinking shots together because you both saved a damsel in distress from the real threat- a douche bag womanizer 

Classic post!

Archived