• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson?

SgtJoo

He's a day 1 starter at either OLB or SS. There arent that many day-1 starters that may be left at our pick. Can be groomed to take over for TD in a couple years. Hes got comparable combine numbers to many current pro-bowl players.

He's a Kam Chancellor/ Thomas Favis clone who can play up for pressure and drop back in coverage. Whats not to like anout this guy? Hes a first team All-American and hes only a junior.

c'mon people...get in the train to happy town-choo-choo

Agree. If we're going defense at 25, I'd rather have SS Landon Collins. I do like Thompson however just not at 25.

I agree on Collins but I'd want him to lose 10 lbs to get a little more mobility in coverage from him as a safety.

Just dont see spending a first on a safety when we keep getting vets at bargain bin prices and will have to pay our front-7 big money and who knows what Benewikerie and Norman are going to command. middle to top DBs are costing $4-7mil per.

Get Shaq Thompson who can sub in on blitz packages and cover slant/End receivers so Luke and TD can plug the holes and maybe get some pressure. Who wouldnt take a kam Chancellor/TD clone on our squad. Definitely an upgrade at WLB and adds some non-existent ability to get QB pressure from the our middle of our defense...not to mention we got trucked in the rush defense.

Shaq was a first team-AA and had 4 TDs off of forced turnovers last year...and they were of the 50-80 yard return variety, causing both fumbles and ints. He's only a junior as well.

best 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle drills of any current NFL LB or SS pro bowl players at their respective combines.

watch some film of the guy, dang. He looks like a tree-trunk and moves like a water moccassin. I know people have their favs and get caught up in certain players...want that flashy new offensive weapons, but we need a playmaking OLB/SS and peanut + TD could turn this guy into a household name.

I would be absolutely stoked. I've been on the Thompson bandwagon for weeks.

Someone mentioned trading up to get Thompson. I wouldn't do that, but I would trade up for Dorsett. I'm on his bandwagon in the second round. If he falls to the 45th pick, we need to trade up and snag him. Thompson is a first round talent. He won't be around for us to pick him in the second. Dorsett is a high second round talent that may not.make it to #57. If I were Gman I would have our 2nd and our non-comp 5th cocked and loaded to make a trade in the second for Dorsett

He's a day 1 starter at either OLB or SS. There arent that many day-1 starters that may be left at our pick. Can be groomed to take over for TD in a couple years. Hes got comparable combine numbers to many current pro-bowl players.

He's a Kam Chancellor/ Thomas Favis clone who can play up for pressure and drop back in coverage. Whats not to like anout this guy? Hes a first team All-American and hes only a junior.

c'mon people...get in the train to happy town-choo-choo

Unless he plays S, he'd be on the field like 33% of the snaps considering we run nickel the majority of the time.

Archived