• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did you know? Cam Newton the pescatarian.

cardiackat88.

A pescetarian diet excludes land animals and birds, but includes fish, mollusks, and crustaceans in addition to fruits, vegetables, plants, legumes, nuts, and grains. Eggs and dairy may or may not be present in the pescetarian's diet.

Newton summed up his diet pretty well:

"If it's in the sea, pretty much it will be on my plate," he said.

Newton also said that being a pro football player makes sticking to the diet even harder.

"It's been challenging at times," he said. "Especially being around the locker room where you get guys eating hot wings, nachos, hot dogs, and hamburgers all the time.

"Ever since I gave up the meat, I think it was March, I liked the way I was feeling and I just stuck with it ever since."

Someone asked him if he enjoyed any special seafood while he was in Miami for last weekend's game.

"I had some great Dolphin," he said with a laugh.

The diet seems to be working as Newton has led the Panthers to seven straight wins.

sources: http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/2449/newton-scales-back-for-thanksgiving-meal http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/cam-netwon-special-diet-no-turkey-on-thanksgiving-112613

Granted this was 2013, still a pretty cool story and interesting tidbit. I did a vegan diet, only allowing cheese, for about a year. It did a lot for me.

A pescetarian diet excludes land animals and birds, but includes fish, mollusks, and crustaceans in addition to fruits, vegetables, plants, legumes, nuts, and grains. Eggs and dairy may or may not be present in the pescetarian's diet.

Newton summed up his diet pretty well:

"If it's in the sea, pretty much it will be on my plate," he said.

Newton also said that being a pro football player makes sticking to the diet even harder.

"It's been challenging at times," he said. "Especially being around the locker room where you get guys eating hot wings, nachos, hot dogs, and hamburgers all the time.

"Ever since I gave up the meat, I think it was March, I liked the way I was feeling and I just stuck with it ever since."

Someone asked him if he enjoyed any special seafood while he was in Miami for last weekend's game.

"I had some great Dolphin," he said with a laugh.

The diet seems to be working as Newton has led the Panthers to seven straight wins.

sources: http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/2449/newton-scales-back-for-thanksgiving-meal http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/cam-netwon-special-diet-no-turkey-on-thanksgiving-112613

Granted this was 2013, still a pretty cool story and interesting tidbit. I did a vegan diet, only allowing cheese, for about a year. It did a lot for me.

One of my fat friends lost a ton of weight becoming a vegan. I'd never do that poo but I do need to start dieting again bc I just gained like 15 pounds after a series of unfortunate events(aka me being lazy and a glutton)

One of my fat friends lost a ton of weight becoming a vegan. I'd never do that poo but I do need to start dieting again bc I just gained like 15 pounds after a series of unfortunate events(aka me being lazy and a glutton)

Excercise, watch your intake, and weigh yourself at least every other day. I did daily and sometimes multiple times a day to better understand my metabolism.

Yeah, we knew.

I've pretty much given up beef and pork (except for Thanksgiving and Christmas), and my body feels so much better. Chicken and fish are my thing, but I usually go a couple of days per week without eating meat at all.  Fresh fruits and vegetables are a staple in the house as my wife, a self-described "part-time vegan", eats lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, oranges, apples, etc. as well as beans.  She went from a size 22 to a size 4/5 in a little less than a year and a half.  

Archived