• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Medellin's Final Mock

MedellinHeel

All reports seem to say that Humphries is a great and teachable dude, just raw and needs fine tuning. Something we may consider since signing Oher/Martin may mean not rushing an OT to play (no matter how foolish it may turn out to be)

Love the 2nd and 3rd picks. Give me this draft and I'd be thrilled

I went back and watched breakdowns on Humphries. I'm sold. Was the second best looking OT that I looked at. This would be an amazing draft.

You can't teach his athleticism especially when it comes to foot speed. If Matsko can make Remmers serviceable, I'd love to see what Humphries could be molded into.

The fact he's a Charlotte kid doesn't hurt either.

Quick question though, could he play RT in case the staff doesn't want to throw him in at LT right away? I know Gross did it and he wasn't the largest but that was a long time ago.

I like Hardy, but we could get him in the 5th. And he does not really fit our offense tbh.

Hardy will be long gone by the 5th, and a receiver with good route running, hands, and ability to get separation and move the chains fits any offense.

Round 1: OT DJ Humphries Florida

humphries-draft-640.jpg

Prototypical LT. Needs some refinement but the ability and potential are there.

Round 2: DE Preston Smith Miss St.

Good size and athleticism. Nice depth and insurance for when Johnson leaves. Might be a stretch thinking he will still be on the board here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=witcwqeONwI

Round 3: WR Justin Hardy ECU

Perfect guy to put in the slot that just knows how to get open with sure hands.

Round 4: OLB Jordan Hicks Texas

Solid career at Texas. Finished last year with like 138 tackles. Solid athlete.

Rounds 5-7 tbc.....

I like this draft.

Actually, I would love this draft provided that we pick up another receiver like Josh Harper, Dezmin Lewis, or Deandre Smelter later. It would even be better if we would add Clayton Geathers, Ray Drew, Senquez Golson or Damian Swann also.

Hardy will be long gone by the 5th, and a receiver with good route running, hands, and ability to get separation and move the chains fits any offense.

He is 5-10 190 and runs a 4.5, that is about the same as Correy Brown...who went undrafted.

All reports seem to say that Humphries is a great and teachable dude, just raw and needs fine tuning. Something we may consider since signing Oher/Martin may mean not rushing an OT to play (no matter how foolish it may turn out to be)

Love the 2nd and 3rd picks. Give me this draft and I'd be thrilled

I will take teachable over headcase every time. His injury history concerns me though.

Archived