• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis high on Shaq Thompson, calls Shaq "a better athlete than was," proud to be compared to Shaq

gettlemanjack

Terrible pick at that spot. A late 2nd rounder early 3rd over an actually need at wide receiver. After passing on almost every receiver in free agency and now this our team must enjoy barely winning when we do with 15 points.

This has honestly been the worst offseason I can remember in my years as a Panthers fan. Free agency was comprised of a bunch of lateral moves that didn't improve the losing team we had last year, and we just spent the most important resource we had left on a fringe 2nd round rotational/ST player.

Guy must've impressed in interviews, which is clearly the most important element of the scouting process to this tea,. Lose with class.

Were you not here last offseason? Like seriously?

Were you not here last offseason? Like seriously?

I was, and last year was worse because A) We made a quality, appropriate 1st round pick B) You didn't think the team would be stupid enough to bank on the same bottom feeding FA talent two years in a row as we did this year

The 15 points has much more to do with asshole Shula that any level of talent.

A bit of a reach pick, but TD grooming his successor makes sense. Really wanted us to get that safety from Arizona State instead.

a reach on some of the boards you read, but had you read the Panthers' board you would have saw he was BPA

Gettleman doesn't believe in reaching. As he says:

"if you reach, more often than not you're going to get burned. It doesn't work."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Gettlemans-path-to-the-draft/9c2219d7-9743-42eb-8dc1-6f8be10b33c7

Great athlete but not sure how he makes us immediately better. Would feel better about this pick if we didnt need immediate upgrades at other spots.

Shaq makes us better by giving us an upgrade to 32-year-old Roman Harper (turns 33 in Dec), who we are cutting (or asking him to restructure) after this 2015 season because his cap hit jumps to $4,660,000 in 2016 (it was $1,518,750 last year and will be $1,800,000 this year...and we already paid off his $1,500,000 guaranteed)

Basically we are killing two birds with one stone with Shaq. Not a lot of difference between OLB and the way Roman Harper is used (basically Harper is used as our 3rd LB because we always run a nickel D). Shaq subbing in for both of them keeps them both fresher in their old age

Shaq makes us better by giving us an upgrade to 32-year-old Roman Harper (turns 33 in Dec), who we are cutting (or asking him to restructure) after this 2015 season because his cap hit jumps to $4,660,000 in 2016 (it was $1,518,750 last year and will be $1,800,000 this year...and we already paid off his $1,500,000 guaranteed)

I am all for getting rid of Harper but if I recall correctly, Shaq hasn't played safety since high school. 

Archived