• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is your first round slider

Squirrel

I don't think there's an "unexpected" slider this year tbh

I think it's all out on the table already this year which is odd Imo

I think you're right, and it's going to go both ways.  More so this year than we've seen in a while.  A ton will slide, and a ton will be taken way too early, IMO.  1st round may be nuts.

I wonder if we would be interested if he fell to us in the second round.

I don't know.  The big knock on Strong is his route running.  It needs a lot of refinement.  With a knock like that, you'd think we'd REALLY want to interview him because you'd want to get a feel for how coachable he is.

With all the WRs we've visited with, it baffles me that we've left out Strong. 

I'm honestly kind of surprised myself.  Looking at that list though, there's only a few guys that break the 6' threshold.  The majority are 6' and under, and built for speed/quickness.  Obviously targeting specific attributes.

Perhaps but if that's the case then I wonder why we met with a guy like Perriman. His routes are worse and his hands are below average.

That's what baffled me tbh.  I know Perriman is a freakish athlete, but Strong is far from a slouch in that dept., and he has much better hands and is a better route runner.  42" vert... that's explosiveness.

Perhaps but if that's the case then I wonder why we met with a guy like Perriman. His routes are worse and his hands are below average.

Improving route running isn't always teachable. Strong doesn't have fluid hips and that ain't changing. He will never be an elite route runner, probably never better than average.

That's what baffled me tbh.  I know Perriman is a freakish athlete, but Strong is far from a slouch in that dept., and he has much better hands and is a better route runner.  42" vert... that's explosiveness.

Yep, I thought Strong answered all the questions in terms of his speed and athleticism at the combine.  You clean up his route running and all of a sudden he's going to be a lot faster on the field.  I think this guy has a chance to be a lot better than most of the guys who are likely to go before him.  But, if we're not interested there has to be a reason why.

And that's why I want nothing to do with Perriman. If Strong will never be an above average route runner then I fear what Perriman could be for us down the road if we were to draft him.

Stephen Hill 2.0

Perriman has the natural ability to be an elite route runner. He's very raw and needs a lot of coaching in that aspect but he has a higher ceiling running routes than Strong. Strong's more ready right now, but frankly, I don't want either until 57 or later.

Improving route running isn't always teachable. Strong doesn't have fluid hips and that ain't changing. He will never be an elite route runner, probably never better than average.

Maybe so.  Strong didn't participate in agility drills at the combine.  He had a 7.33 three cone drill at his pro day which wouldn't have put him in the top 15 at the combine (#15 was Tre McBride with a much quicker 6.96, so I'm assuming Strong would've been way down the list) and he had a 4.19 short shuttle which again wouldn't have been good enough for top 15.

Archived