• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rags' Day 3 "This is totally how it'll happen" mock

Rags

I've made it known I grade draft picks on criteria that differs from most GM's. That being said, I'll comment on these picks based on my infinite wisdom.

Rob Crisp - I'm an A's fan, and my daughter LOVES Coco Crisp, so Rob Crisp is ok in my book. Accepted.

Stefon Diggs - I've always liked the name Stefon, since way back on 'Family Matters', plus iPhone tries to autocorrect it to 'Stefan', and doesn't even red-squiggly underline Stefan as an error, which lends further credence to my theory that even though they now have mixed-race emoji's, iPhone is still hella racist. Accepted.

Ray Drew - When your whole name is short enough to fit on a personalized license plate in California, then we can be friends. Accepted.

John Crockett - Never liked Davey, so this guy unfortunately doesn't make the cut. Denied.

Ronald Martin - I used to play slow pitch softball with a guy named Ronald. He was a crazy good pitcher but wore the same Superman shirt to every game. People started calling him Superman at the ball fields which made me mad because before he ever even arrived I used to always wear a Superman hat, plus I was a better player. Denied.

So there you have it. Let's make this happen.

I could totally get behind the OP picks, but I'd prefer waiting a round for Crisp and taking Hardy or a couple other WRs in the 4th than getting Diggs.  Not a huge fan.  Hardy, Greene or McBride would be my preference in the 4th.  Would also prefer Buck Allen, Langford or Mike Davis at RB in the 4th or 5th.  I'd be plenty pleased with OP picks though.

Hard not to like it, though I think Crisp could be had a round later. Either way, and I say this every time he comes up, I'm fine taking him in the 4th because of the type of guy he is. Great dude who would be willing to come in and work his ass off.  If he stays healthy, he can be damn good depth if nothing else and has experience working with mobile QBs. 

If we grab another WR, I'm thinking it means Cotch is gone, and Ginn is our vet presence (which I'm fine with).

Archived