• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Trade Up Select Oklahoma's Daryl Williams

Jeremy Igo

note that ncfan was the 1st to predict we would go after Daryl Williams

ncfan:

"would rather see us go out and get a solid LT in the 1st. A Good #2 WR in this deep WR pool in the 2nd. Then get a Road Grading Mauler RT like Daryl Williams in the 3rd."

ncfan:

"3rd R: Daryl Williams- Looked good at LT vs Alabama last year but will be a RT in the NFL. Kid can open some holes in the run game and a solid pass blocker."

ncfan:

"3rd R - Daryl Williams: good pass blocker for a RT, had a GOOD showing at LT vs Alabama last year. Good run blocker. Future is RT in the NFL but can play LT if needed. Again better than any OT on our current roster."

Edited by gettlemanjack
  • Pie 1

Not a big fan of trading away picks, but this draft was an exception. We had more picks than we could sign (with UDFAs still to go). And every trade has catapulted us up the draft board--solid value with that. Getting players we otherwise would not get. And outside of the OT, we're getting players that we don't need immediately, giving them time to grow within the system while contributing to ST in the meantime.

The way the picks fell it's almost as if GMan saw the future because damn...literally every pick in every round that I would have done were gone before our slot...so with his super powers he seemed to know that his picks would be gone by the 25th in each round and was like fug it I'm going in.

For those mad at these trades....literally just look at each round and how it fell....almost literally every pick anyone wanted has been gone before our selection in each round...I dare say we HAD to move up to get these guys.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 3

He should compete to start at RT right away. The fact that he's going to get work at LT shows that we thinthink he might have potential there. Very good pick. Maybe my favorite pick of the draft so far. Really thought that with this OT class we might wait until the 4th or 5th to take one.