• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'El Collins may be in play after all

Mr. Scot

My question is: can he play left tackle? If Gettleman/Rivera don't think he's a legitimate left tackle, then I can't see him being brought in. We just drafted Daryl Williams to be the right tackle of the future and guard is set with Turner and Norwell. So unless they feel Collins can be the guy long-term at left tackle, I wouldn't look for him to be signed.

Williams can go kick rocks haha.  I would take La'el at RT over him.  Though with Oher looking to be our starting LT, I would take La'el at LT over him, even if he were to struggle his first year.

Williams can go kick rocks haha.  I would take La'el at RT over him.  Though with Oher looking to be our starting LT, I would take La'el at LT over him, even if he were to struggle his first year.

Well they are thinking of grooming Williams into a left tackle.  We can have both.

He would have to be 110% cleared with no possibility of any involvement in that murder at all. After the one incident that scarred this organization and then the Hardy fiasco, it would have to be carved in stone that he is totally innocent to be considered as a UDFA here. Then that may not even be enough for J.R.

I fully expect the Saints to be in play when he's cleared. He would have been the pick at 13. We can offer him an immediate starting spot and an opportunity to stay home and play for the team he grew up watching.

It will be very interesting to see how it plays out. I think it comes down to the Panthers and the Saints, if both decide to throw their hat in.

I fully expect the Saints to be in play when he's cleared. He would have been the pick at 13. We can offer him an immediate starting spot and an opportunity to stay home and play for the team he grew up watching.

It will be very interesting to see how it plays out. I think it comes down to the Panthers and the Saints, if both decide to throw their hat in.

Yeah, he can either decide to stay home or come play with his boy. But, if he wants to play for a serious contender, he needs to come here. I'm not trying to talk poo, we're just a better position right now

Yeah, he can either decide to stay home or come play with his boy. But, if he wants to play for a serious contender, he needs to come here. I'm not trying to talk poo, we're just a better position right now

To be fair, at 21, I'm not entirely sure how much being a part of a contender is worth. With Brees, for the next 2-3 years, the Saints are just as much of a contender as the Panthers, and I feel like they've made huge strides to protect the future this offseason as well.

I definitely think it comes down to Trai vs. staying home. Panthers have a pretty big play piece. So do the Saints. I just hope he's able to make the best out of this situation, honestly. While I would love him in NO, I can't help but feel for the kid if he's innocent. He really got dealt a raw deal.

To be fair, at 21, I'm not entirely sure how much being a part of a contender is worth. With Brees, for the next 2-3 years, the Saints are just as much of a contender as the Panthers, and I feel like they've made huge strides to protect the future this offseason as well.

I definitely think it comes down to Trai vs. staying home. Panthers have a pretty big play piece. So do the Saints. I just hope he's able to make the best out of this situation, honestly. While I would love him in NO, I can't help but feel for the kid if he's innocent. He really got dealt a raw deal.

You think Brees is sticking around for 3 more years? He seems to be declining. I guess I gotta see that team on the field this season with all of the change they did over the off-season before I consider them a contender. We were solid in a lot of areas and built upon our weaknesses so I expect us to be one of the best teams in the NFC next year. 

He's going to be an immediate starter wherever he goes.. he definitely got screwed if he is cleared in the situation.

While it is a distinct possibility, I refuse to get my hopes up at all.

Even if he is found not have been involved at all, I KNOW how Jerry Richardson feels about such problems, and even being associated with it.

I don't think Richardson would allow Gettleman to even consider the kid.

You think Brees is sticking around for 3 more years? He seems to be declining. I guess I gotta see that team on the field this season with all of the change they did over the off-season before I consider them a contender. We were solid in a lot of areas and built upon our weaknesses so I expect us to be one of the best teams in the NFC next year.

He's going to be an immediate starter wherever he goes.. he definitely got screwed if he is cleared in the situation.

Definitely. Brees will retire a Saint. The offense will still produce. I'm anxious to see the defense. Im excited about adding Browner and getting Byrd back. I think we got more athletic at linebacker.

I'm highly skeptical that you'll be one of the best teams in the NFC. It's hard for me to believe that, coming off of a 7-8-1 season. Just being real.

Archived