• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'El Collins may be in play after all

Mr. Scot

From the looks of Trai Turners twitter, he's definitely going to be badgering him.

Really? Whats being said? If we really land him and he ends up being an All Pro, this is the kind of thing that will be on one of those dramatic, NFL network specials in the next 10-15 years because of just how bizarre it is

Really? Whats being said? If we really land him and he ends up being an All Pro, this is the kind of thing that will be on one of those dramatic, NFL network specials in the next 10-15 years because of just how bizarre it is

WaZcCEN.png

Sign the man now just for insurance. Can't hurt nothing. Cut his ass if he not innocent.

Logically this is a smart move. There is no financial risk in signing him, because with the contract he is going to receive he could be cut at any time. Additionally opening up some conversation with him now while his stock is so low may build up some good will between him and the organization over teams who are waiting to see if he's squeaky clean and could be advantageous to us if it comes down to a personal decision where to go for him.

That said, it isn't going to happen. This team cares too much about people's perception of us.

i don't buy that if he's cleared.

Now admittedly, that's a big "if".

Why is that a "big if?" Nothing really indicates he was involved. The police are questioning him but have said he's not a suspect so until they say otherwise I wouldn't think that he was involved. Seems like that was his kid and they want to determine that. 

Something tells me Huddlers are pelting Voth with tweets :lol:

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview  ·  17m 17 minutes ago

La’El Collins questions are quickly falling into the Stephen Hill, Greg Hardy, Armanti Edwards bucket.

I get from this that Voth thinks there's no way we would touch Collins. Maybe I'm reading it wrong... I did send him an email asking him about it (don't do tweeter), hopefully he'll respond.

Why is that a "big if?" Nothing really indicates he was involved. The police are questioning him but have said he's not a suspect so until they say otherwise I wouldn't think that he was involved. Seems like that was his kid and they want to determine that. 

Not saying I think he's guilty.

Saying right now we don't know jack.

trai obviously thinks he's innocent.

i have a feeling this was all just a horrible, horrible thing that happened to this kid.

if we get him my god we just got the steal of the draft. this is so fuging nuts

To be fair, Trai's not likely to be objective.

The flipside of that, of course, is that Trai likely knows more about this situation than any of us.

I get from this that Voth thinks there's no way we would touch Collins. Maybe I'm reading it wrong... I did send him an email asking him about it (don't do tweeter), hopefully he'll respond.

This was in reply to Gabe King...

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview 50m50 minutes ago

@Gabeking it’s valid. it’s also about a guy people have continuosly asked about since mid-week. and 2 people are dead. and he may …

I don't think he's dismissing the idea.  I think he's just tired of being asked about it when nothing is really known yet.

To be fair, Trai's not likely to be objective.

The flipside of that, of course, is that Trai likely knows more about this situation than any of us.

Exactly.

If anyone thinks gettleman and company do not have their ears on the ground they would be mistaken.

This is trai's best friend.

Maybe I misinterpreted your use of the word "big." If you meant it like that's an "important if" then I obviously agree. I initially took it as that's a "big if" as in "it's highly questionable he'll get cleared." 

Archived