• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam needs to step up this year

This is how I think the nfl fan base would rank the qbs. This is not my personal opinion. This is just what I think fans think.

Aaron rodgers

Tom Brady

Andrew luck

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees ( some people think that he is still great after poor seasons )

Russel wilson

Tony romo

Philip rivers

Matthew stafford

Big Ben

Cam newton

Joe flacco

Matt ryan

Colin kap

Ryan tannehill

Alex smith

Teddy Bridgewater

Carson palmer

Nick foles

Eli Manning

Andy Dalton

Derek Carr ( should be higher but he plays on Oakland so people think he sucks)

Jay cutler

Then the rest arent inportant. unless I forgot about someone

Also I don't think they know how to rate sam Bradford because he is always hurt.

If you look on it people as always consider the top 5 qbs as elite. After that it's above average qbs who can play elite but not most of the time. That stops after Matt ryan. From there it's average until you get to nick foles. After that it's below average qbs that have talent just don't use it right. Ex Jay cutler one time was considered really good but is god awful now.

Now cam is 11th on the list. Above average but not top ten.

Think most has to do with we are a small market team. That doesn't get much publicity.

For him to jump up 6 spots to become in that elite 5. We need to get publicity to let people show how good he is. Only way we get publicity for cam is playoffs. If he leads the team deep into it. Because honestly most fans will watch espn and just make their ranking qb list after what they say. (it's a shame) to get to the playoffs and make a run. He must either be super clutch and lead late comebacks or be more consistent and just score enough to let our defense win the game.

I think that one of the problems is that too much of the offense is predicated around Cam.  Sure he is a great athlete and will be an elite quarterback down the road.  But when your whole offense is predicated around one player it is easier to shut that down which has happened in the past.  If you have a good ground game and your receivers are both talented and can get significant YAC it makes it easier on Cam and the team.  Couple that with a great defense and you can win whether Cam plays fantastic or not.  And that is what you want.  Cam needs to do his thing but he doesnt need to be the whole offense.  It is a set up for him and the team.  every QB has good and bad days.  Playoff teams win on both days, mediocre teams only when the quarterback is playing well.  We all saw what happens if Cam gets hurt, and ultimately it is inevitable to at least some degree over the course of the season.  Our team needs to have the horses to win ven when he is struggling or the defensive scheme is designed to take away what he does well.

Since you use the talent to throw to as a reason.  Would you say Russel Wilson is better than him then?  Because Russel had a bunch of undrafted free agents to throw to before he got Jimmy.  

I know I'm late on the response. but, technically Wilson has had 1 more UDFA on the roster than Cam has had in his career.

Wilson 7

Cam 6

Cam's UDFA's through his career:

• Seyi Ajirotutu - UDFA 2010 (W/Cam: 0 starts in CAR, Games played 14, 0 TD's, 1 catches, 2 targets) <-- Came to CAR in 2011 from SD. Went back to SD in 2012

• Richie Brockel - UDFA 2010 (W/Cam: 2 starts in CAR, Games played 47, 0 TD's, 4 catches, 5 targets) <-- TE in 2011, used as FB 2012 on.

• Darvin Adams - UDFA 2011 (W/Cam: 0 starts in CAR, Games played 2, 0 TD's, 0 catches, 0 targets) <-- Went to the CFL after 2011 with the Panthers, hasn't left CFL

• Brandon Williams -  UDFA 2012 - Did not sign to a team until Panthers in 2013 - (W/Cam: 0 starts in CAR, Games played 23, 0 TD's, 4 catches, 8 targets) <-- Not used in Offense until 2014

• Brenton Bersin - UDFA 2012 (W/Cam: 1 starts in CAR, Games played 15, 1 TD's, 13 catches, 20 targets) <-- Practice Squad until 2014

• Cory Brown - UDFA 2014 (W/Cam: 3 starts in CAR, Games played 13, 2 TD's, 21 catches, 36 targets)

So, 1 out of 7 UDFA's were part of Cam's Offense his whole career.

2 left the team after Cam's first season.

1 Played more as a FB than a TE (one catch since Cam's rookie season)

0 have been full season starting pass catchers.

Wilsons UDFA's through his career:

• Bryan Walters - 2010 UDFA (W/Wilson: 0 starts in SEA, Games played 13, 0 TD's, 6 catches, 11 targets) <-- on SEA Roster from 2012 thru 2014 (Now in Jacksonville)

• Doug Baldwin - 2011 UDFA (W/Wilson: 29 starts in SEA, Games played 62, 11 TD's, 145 catches, 220 targets) <--- All with Seattle

• Ricardo Lockette - 2011 UDFA (W/Wilson: 1 start in SEA, Games played 24, 2 TD's, 16 catches, 22 targets) <--- was with SEA in 2011 - went to other teams - back to SEA for 2013. Still with team

• Chris Matthews - 2011 UDFA (W/Wilson: 0 starts in SEA, Games played 3, 1 TD, 4 catches, 5 targets) <--- Signed to Active Roster in Dec. 2014. Only Offensive stats came from the Super Bowl

• Jermaine Kearse - 2012 UDFA (W/Wilson: 20 starts in SEA, Games played 37, 5 TD's, 63 catches, 114 targets) <--- All with Seattle - Starter in 2013 on

• Sean McGrath - 2012 UDFA (W/Wilson: 0 starts in SEA, Games played 2, 0 TD's, 0 catches, 0 targets) <-- Played in SEA in 2012-2013

• Cooper Helfet - 2012 UDFA (W/Wilson: 2 starts in SEA, Games played 10, 2 TD's, 12 catches, 24 targets) <--- Practice Squad until 2014

So, 4 out of 7 UDFA's were part of Wilson's team his whole career.

1 left and came back.

2 were practice squad until the 2014 season.

2 have been full season starting pass catchers for the team.

Judge as you might of that info. But is shows me there has not been any consistency with the talent around Cam, being the team is still searching for players to fill those spots.

I know I'm late on the response. but, technically Wilson has had 1 more UDFA on the roster than Cam has had in his career.

Wilson 7

Cam 6

Cam's UDFA's through his career:

• Seyi Ajirotutu - UDFA 2010 (W/Cam: 0 starts in CAR, Games played 14, 0 TD's, 1 catches, 2 targets) <-- Came to CAR in 2011 from SD. Went back to SD in 2012

• Richie Brockel - UDFA 2010 (W/Cam: 2 starts in CAR, Games played 47, 0 TD's, 4 catches, 5 targets) <-- TE in 2011, used as FB 2012 on.

• Darvin Adams - UDFA 2011 (W/Cam: 0 starts in CAR, Games played 2, 0 TD's, 0 catches, 0 targets) <-- Went to the CFL after 2011 with the Panthers, hasn't left CFL

• Brandon Williams -  UDFA 2012 - Did not sign to a team until Panthers in 2013 - (W/Cam: 0 starts in CAR, Games played 23, 0 TD's, 4 catches, 8 targets) <-- Not used in Offense until 2014

• Brenton Bersin - UDFA 2012 (W/Cam: 1 starts in CAR, Games played 15, 1 TD's, 13 catches, 20 targets) <-- Practice Squad until 2014

• Cory Brown - UDFA 2014 (W/Cam: 3 starts in CAR, Games played 13, 2 TD's, 21 catches, 36 targets)

So, 1 out of 7 UDFA's were part of Cam's Offense his whole career.

2 left the team after Cam's first season.

1 Played more as a FB than a TE (one catch since Cam's rookie season)

0 have been full season starting pass catchers.

Wilsons UDFA's through his career:

• Bryan Walters - 2010 UDFA (W/Wilson: 0 starts in SEA, Games played 13, 0 TD's, 6 catches, 11 targets) <-- on SEA Roster from 2012 thru 2014 (Now in Jacksonville)

• Doug Baldwin - 2011 UDFA (W/Wilson: 29 starts in SEA, Games played 62, 11 TD's, 145 catches, 220 targets) <--- All with Seattle

• Ricardo Lockette - 2011 UDFA (W/Wilson: 1 start in SEA, Games played 24, 2 TD's, 16 catches, 22 targets) <--- was with SEA in 2011 - went to other teams - back to SEA for 2013. Still with team

• Chris Matthews - 2011 UDFA (W/Wilson: 0 starts in SEA, Games played 3, 1 TD, 4 catches, 5 targets) <--- Signed to Active Roster in Dec. 2014. Only Offensive stats came from the Super Bowl

• Jermaine Kearse - 2012 UDFA (W/Wilson: 20 starts in SEA, Games played 37, 5 TD's, 63 catches, 114 targets) <--- All with Seattle - Starter in 2013 on

• Sean McGrath - 2012 UDFA (W/Wilson: 0 starts in SEA, Games played 2, 0 TD's, 0 catches, 0 targets) <-- Played in SEA in 2012-2013

• Cooper Helfet - 2012 UDFA (W/Wilson: 2 starts in SEA, Games played 10, 2 TD's, 12 catches, 24 targets) <--- Practice Squad until 2014

So, 4 out of 7 UDFA's were part of Wilson's team his whole career.

1 left and came back.

2 were practice squad until the 2014 season.

2 have been full season starting pass catchers for the team.

Judge as you might of that info. But is shows me there has not been any consistency with the talent around Cam, being the team is still searching for players to fill those spots.

To be fair, Baldwin and Kearse were his top two receivers.  Russel has had a lot less to work with, unless you're counting RB's.  Then hes had one of the best to work with.  

To be fair, Baldwin and Kearse were his top two receivers.  Russel has had a lot less to work with, unless you're counting RB's.  Then hes had one of the best to work with.  

Top defense in the league the last few years, arguably the best RB in the NFL.

When was the last time the Seahawks defense got blown out in 6 out of 10 games?

"Has had a lot less to work with", lol, well alright then.

Top defense in the league the last few years, arguably the best RB in the NFL.

When was the last time the Seahawks defense got blown out in 6 out of 10 games?

"Has had a lot less to work with", lol, well alright then.

Well, if you look at it from a whole team perspective yes.  I was talking WR weapons, which was the topic at hand, good sir.  Believe me, I think Cam is better than Russy.  Sadly, I'm in the minority if that conversation ever gets brought up with a bunch of football fans.  

Well, if you look at it from a whole team perspective yes.  I was talking WR weapons, which was the topic at hand, good sir.  Believe me, I think Cam is better than Russy.  Sadly, I'm in the minority if that conversation ever gets brought up with a bunch of football fans.  

If it makes you feel better: That's only from Wilson and his teammates making the Superbowl in two recent years, instead of his actual play or value within the offense (they don't know or understand, if they even watch). :lolu:

Indeed they were, and like I said... they have both been there since he started. building chemistry. out of Cam's 6, he's technically lost 3 (2 left the team, 1 is used as a FB or Blocking TE, not a pass catching option. he's caught 1 pass since 2011.) and the other 3 weren't options on the field until 2014 really. While they played Plug-N-Play with the WR2,WR3, etc positions each season until 2014... where they blew up the whole WR bunch.

Talent is Talent. but then again consistency with said talent Grows the collective talent. does it not?

Either way. the whole thing has been the consistency hasn't been there for Cam. (lack or talent plays a part in that) And Wilson has have consistency, building his game with the familiar players each season. (who got more and more action)

Anyway...

Who knows, but you can only grow talent if you keep it around.... constantly.

Indeed they were, and like I said... they have both been there since he started. building chemistry. out of Cam's 6, he's technically lost 3 (2 left the team, 1 is used as a FB or Blocking TE, not a pass catching option. he's caught 1 pass since 2011.) and the other 3 weren't options on the field until 2014 really. While they played Plug-N-Play with the WR2,WR3, etc positions each season until 2014... where they blew up the whole WR bunch.

Talent is Talent. but then again consistency with said talent Grows the collective talent. does it not?

Either way. the whole thing has been the consistency hasn't been there for Cam. (lack or talent plays a part in that) And Wilson has have consistency, building his game with the familiar players each season. (who got more and more action)

Anyway...

Who knows, but you can only grow talent if you keep it around.... constantly.

I also thinking having the right OC can build consistency, as they can call plays when the teams in a rhythm

Shula, will call the most stupid play, or move away from successful ones, seemingly completely out the blue.

Archived