• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Reason we made the trade for Devin Funchess

After really digging we had no choice but to trade because it's all about what you want to do with. A lot of people had him ranked as the #1 or #2 TE in this draft. Which Atlanta might have tried to get him and saints or any team that needed a TE. He is going to pay off for us because he can block like a TE and move like a WR and he knows all the positions. And if he ran anything close to 4.47 that is crazy considering he's 6'5 and 235..... I know he has almost a 40" vert

at 6"5 kinda scary....... just sayin.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I could see Ruke or Xavier being possibilities this year.  Top 30 visits.  Seems this group looked at Clemson more so than past regimes.   Not that I really want that to happen.  I think the last time I legitimately wanted them to draft a Tiger was Nuk.  I'm also curious if they end up doubling down on the local products.   XL checks the box.   They brought Wilson, Walker, a bunch of Clemson guys in.  Who knows.  I would like Shipley in the 4th. 
    • DJ Clark and Jonathan Mingo were our #2 and #3 receivers behind Theilan. The two of them combined for 78 catches ,5 TDS , and 943 yards . Those are the type of number you should expect for a lone #2 receiver or a stud TE over the course of a 17 game season. To match that production level in 2024 XL would need to average 4.5 receptions per game, a TD every 3 games, and 55.5 yards per game. If XL is used properly and if Bryce is competent enough to get him the ball he should have no trouble reaching (or surpassing) those totals which would be a huge improvement for our passing game.  Theilan is still a dependable #3 and the addition of Johnson gives us a true # 1. On paper we are without a doubt better at WR. Whether or not it translates to the field remains to be seen.