• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As a hybrid position, absolutely.

And he's never played it before because - outside of the pros - no one has.

I played a hybrid DE/SS/OLB in high school, but never on purpose.  Seriously, I was going to post something to the effect of his position's complexity, but I see you guys are all over it.

Rookie transition to the NFL is roughly comparable to cramming four years of college into a few months and then being asked to take sixteen final exams (even more if your team is successful).

Thompson?  He's going to be doing all that with a double major, and he'll be forced to miss a month or so of classes in the process.

I feel for the kid, but if he succeeds, look out.

Edited by Mr. Scot

What a weird offseason for Klein.

Free Agency: Blackburn isn't brought back, so one would think Klein is the undisputed starter.

Draft day one: We bring in Shaq, effectively pushing Klein back to the bench.

Draft days two and three: Team gives up several picks for Funchess and Williams, making me start to wonder if we shouldn't trade a player for another pick. We then draft another backup MLB/SLB in the 5th, and Klein becomes the obvious candidate.

I know player-for-player trades are rare, but I think it'd be fantastic if we could move him for a rotational DE, DB, or OT.

The LB position is stacked: Luke, TD, Shaq, Mayo, Klein, Trusnik, Glanton, Jacobs, Reddick, etc. To go from presumed starter to potentially not making the team is crazy.

I've seen speculation that Klein is unhappy about being overshadowed by Kuechly.

Now that's only speculation of course, so it's essentially meaningless.

If that's the case, then he can go bye bye as far as I'm concerned.  He's out of his mind if he thinks he's ever going to be a featured player on an NFL defense.  He's a rotational two down LB.  That's just what he is.  That's a guy who can have a long, productive NFL career, but it's not a guy who will ever be a featured player.

That's one thing I love about TD.  He's a great player who has never really even been the featured LB on our team, yet that's never bothered him.  Morgan was the featured LB when he was drafted, then Beason came along and overshadowed him, then Kuechly came along and did the same.  TD just kept plugging away and doing what he does and never let it bother him.

• Pie 1

If that's the case, then he can go bye bye as far as I'm concerned.  He's out of his mind if he thinks he's ever going to be a featured player on an NFL defense.  He's a rotational two down LB.  That's just what he is.  That's a guy who can have a long, productive NFL career, but it's not a guy who will ever be a featured player.

That's one thing I love about TD.  He's a great player who has never really even been the featured LB on our team, yet that's never bothered him.  Morgan was the featured LB when he was drafted, then Beason came along and overshadowed him, then Kuechly came along and did the same.  TD just kept plugging away and doing what he does and never let it bother him.

Understood, but I'll be absolutely clear on this: I have no idea if such speculation was true.