• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sources say Brady suspension coming next week

Mr. Scot

if it was a normal player, I'd do 4 for cheating and 4 for lying, half-season suspension. But we are talking about a star player here, one of the biggest stars in the game. Every game Brady misses will become less interesting to watch, and the less viewers, the more money the NFL loses, which is not good for Goodell. I rag on Brady plenty, but I still want to see him play.

I think they should give Brady a 2-3 game suspension and then do the rest of his punishment in other ways (make him ineligible for the Pro Bowl this year, make him ineligible for the NFL Awards ceremony this year, make him issue a public apology, stuff like that)

2-3 games should be enough because it will be a big deal when he is suspended for the NFL Kickoff game on primetime 8:30 p.m. ET NBC when the Steelers go to New England

But I want to see Brady play:

-the 4th Game (at Dallas in JerryWorld)

-the 5th Game (at the Colts on Sunday Night Football)

-the 7th Game (Thursday Night Football vs Suh and the Phins)

-the 11th Game (Brady vs Manning Sunday Night Football in Denver)

so i hope they keep it to 3 or less and do the rest of his punishment in other ways

as for the Patriots as a whole, they had 3 employees caught in a cheating ring, and this isn't the first time the Patriots have been caught cheating, so they need to be fined, lose a draft pick(s), etc

Brady shouldn't get any special treatment just because he is a star player. He deserves to be punished just like a lesser known player would.

No it's not. He didn't directly deflate the balls and the report can't even say with 100% certainty that he actually knew about it. Plus you have people in this very thread calling for 10 plus games. So no it's not everyone being reasonable. It's more like non patriot fans being bitter.

Yes, yes it is being reasonable. 

That's like saying you're not guilty of murder because all you did was pay the hitman. 

Plausible deniability doesn't work in the NFL. He knew about it. 

He should be suspended for 10 games, maybe more. Don't forget he cheated in a PLAYOFF game. This isn't the first time they've been caught cheating. 

Someone in the organization needs to be made an example of, anyway. 

Brady shouldn't get any special treatment just because he is a star player. He deserves to be punished just like a lesser known player would.

you can punish Tom in other ways that you can't punish a normal player. In exchange for taking games off Brady's suspension, make him ineligible for the Pro Bowl and the NFL Awards ceremony (punishments that would be meaningless to a normal player). I also suggested making Tom issue a public apology, which is a bigger punishment for Tom than it is a normal player because Tom's public apology will be get much more publicity than that of a normal player, and it would also be more punishment for Tom than a normal player because Tom is a huge star with a huge ego while a normal player isn't

beating the air out of a woman is a lot worse than beating the air out of a football, so comparisons to hardy's conduct detrimental are silly.

IMO four games would be fair. it's enough to potentially sink their season and it's a shot across the bow of teams looking to fudge with rules. it might also be the best thing the NFL could do for itself to show it's serious about competitive fairness while not overreacting in harmony with the pats-haters who laughably think eight games minimum is fitting.

The report shows with 99.9% certainly that Brady ordered the deflations, unless you believe the 00.1% chance that Jim the Deflator and John the Equipment Assistant wrote those texts with the intention of setting Brady up

here's a nice image showing 29 pertinent text messages from May 2014 to Dec 2014:

http://cdn.thinglink.me/api/image/652664444865740800/1024/10/scaletowidth

for ex:

John the Equipment Assistant: "Tom is acting crazy about his balls. Ready to vomit"

Jim the Deflator: "Tom sucks...I'm going to make that next ball a f****** balloon"

John the Equipment Assistant: "I checked some of the balls this morning. ..the refs f***** us...a few of them were almost at 16"

Jim the Deflator: "F*** Tom, 16 is nothing...wait until next Sunday"

Jim the Deflator: "Make sure you blow up the ball to look like a rugby ball so Tom can get used to it before sunday"

John the Equipment Assistant: "can't wait to give you your needle this week :)"

Jim the Deflator: "F*** Tom. Make sure the pump is attached to the needle. F****"

John the Equipment Assistant: "I have a big needle for you this week"

Jim the Deflator: "better be surrounded by cash and new shoes...or it's a rugby sunday. F*** Tom"

John the Equipment Assistant: "maybe you will have some nice size 11s in your locker"

John the Equipment Assistant: "big game tonight"

Jim the Deflator: "tell Tom i need courtside"

Yeah to me reading those texts as an outsider it seems like a set up. Talking specifically about rewards and the balls in the messages.

If Brady has really been doing this is whole career or atleast since 2009 why did we just find out about it this year?

If we are talking about years of cheating, wouldn't be reasonable to expect a tighter system involving them breaking the rules. Cause we are talking about an every Sunday thing.

I would have to think this "ultimate cheating dynasty" would have better communication in place to hide their cheating.

Especially to have a plan in place to keep blame as far away from Brady in the team as possible.

And what about the report that said only one ball of the 12 was under regulation and the other 11 were just ticks under which was no big deal?

Yes, yes it is being reasonable.

That's like saying you're not guilty of murder because all you did was pay the hitman.

Plausible deniability doesn't work in the NFL. He knew about it.

He should be suspended for 10 games, maybe more. Don't forget he cheated in a PLAYOFF game. This isn't the first time they've been caught cheating.

Someone in the organization needs to be made an example of, anyway.

A lot of these people calling for 10 plus games are literally just bitter fans because Tom Brady and the Pats have beat the poo out of their teams the past decade.

I guess we should get Aaron Rodgers and his equipment manager for over inflating then. Since this form of cheating is the worst thing to grace the game of football.

A lot of these people calling for 10 plus games are literally just bitter fans because Tom Brady and the Pats have beat the poo out of their teams the past decade.

You mean the fans of the Panthers, who've beaten Brady and the Patriots in two of their last three meetings?

Here's a mental exercise for you all:

Every time you read one of these deflategate reports mentally remove the name Tom Brady and put in it's place the name Cam Newton.

Now think to yourself what would the level of outrage be

I guess we should get Aaron Rodgers and his equipment manager for over inflating then. Since this form of cheating is the worse thing to grace the game of football.

Sorry what did you say? Its hard to understand you with Bradys dick down your throat.

How many times does a team have to cheat to get a serious punishment?

You think he didn't know? Lol

It doesn't matter if he didn't directly deflate the balls, he was the one who ordered every thing. And he lied about it.

Or this assistant equipment manager knows how Brady likes his balls and that guy does what he can to give Brady what he wants. I have a hard time believing Brady is sitting in his ivory tower ordering these moves, especially how sloppy these texts are.

I mean it's kinda the equipment managers job to give his players what they want whether it's cleats to helmets to pads. Brady conveys how he likes things to the equipment manager. And the equipment manager takes it upon himself to make things so.

Equipment managers have their qbs sign stuff all the time after every game and the qb has no idea where they go after. I know this is specifically true because I had a friend whose uncle was a equipment guy for the Redskins and brought signed balls in all the time. It's nothing new or outrageous

Archived