• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Odell Beckham Jr. On madden 2016 cover

Mol3m4n

seriously im just wondering where the argument that the catch was the only reason why he got on the cover came from.

its not like david tyree, antonio freeman etc made the madden cover the following season.

odb had insane stats, if he would have played 16 games he would have destroyed moss' rookie season. the catch was just the cherry on top

seriously im just wondering where the argument that the catch was the only reason why he got on the cover came from.

its not like david tyree, antonio freeman etc made the madden cover the following season.

odb had insane stats, if he would have played 16 games he would have destroyed moss' rookie season. the catch was just the cherry on top

That last sentence. He can't comprehend that last sentence.

It was never made. That's what's so outright comical about the tantrum that ensued. As I've said this was newer about worthiness, it was about reasoning. And I don't think anybody with a functional frontal lobe would contend that without that play that he would've made the cover over players of comparable production/performance.

Let's down play a rookie coming in and having one of the greatest rookie seasons ever for a WR but funchess is already pro bowler based off "potential".....lmao. the huddle.

From what im reading, it's a very small minority of huddlers "down playing" OBJ.

Wait so the players who out produces him weren't?

All I want is someone to say what the differentiating factor was between odell and those other players who performed better than him. This isn't about worthiness, it's about reasoning.

Please do be so kind as to take the courageous step of what that differentiating factor was rather than turning tail and hiding from it as the others have.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Yes he still would have made the cover with out the catch.

I don't believe so.

Sure his stats were fantastic. He's a great receiver. But like fans voted for Sherman because of the rant, fans voted for OBJ after the hype train was started because of his catch.

I don't believe so.

Sure his stats were fantastic. He's a great receiver. But like fans voted for Sherman because of the rant, fans voted for OBJ after the hype train was started because of his catch.

Voted for him because of the rant or that he was the best corner that year and proved it on the national stage win the game and go to the super bowl? Id more inclined to believe the latter.

The hype train for obj was rolling way before week 12.

Voted for him because of the rant or that he was the best corner that year and proved it on the national stage win the game and go to the super bowl? Id more inclined to believe the latter.

The hype train for obj was rolling way before week 12.

Okay, then why didn't JJ Watt get it? He was the best player in football. Yet for some "unknown reason", a cornerback that is arguably top 5 at his position in 2013 got the cover.

Not the best player in football. Not the DPOY Luke Kuechly. But a dude that has been argued as the number 1 corner AND the number six corner.

Funny how being the best gets you the madden cover, right?

Archived