• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many true, lifelong Panthers fans are actually out there?

SIGCHI222

I used to say I was a Niners fan because Joe Montana and Rice were the best combo I'd ever seen...but I've come to realize I was more of a fan of that combo and those people than I was of the Niners.

And so, the Panthers came across when I was just starting out on my own and they just seemed to be a team to latch onto.  Liked the colors, liked the defensive concept, and no one in this state gave much of a damn about them until they played the Niners.

This year I'm finally making it to Charlotte for a game...bought the ticket, am renting the hotel out of this check, and then I'm somehow saving up for the plane ticket.  Can't wait.  It'll be the weirdest experience of my life being around a stadium of Panthers fans...the closest I've ever come was a bar in Missoula, MT, where an entire group of Cats fans helped me take over a table to watch a Titans/Cats clash.

We promptly got our asses kicked, but that seems to be every Panthers/Titans game.

BSPG, nobody can question your allegiance.  You been here a long time.  I can vouch for you and would stand beside you in a SF vs. Panthers bar fight.

We would get the hell beat out of us if you were depending on me...but I would be there.

They sucked but Bartkowski to Jenkins was pretty chill.  Loved me some Bobby Butler and well....that's about it.

At least the Falcons beat the 49ers once a year no matter how bad they were.

Other than that...those fugers gave me nothing to cheer for, for over 20 years of my life.  I LOVE to watch them lose now.

I liked Bartkowski, William Andrews, and Gerald Riggs. Then my dad got a PCS to West Germany and my mom and I had to go with him. Impossible to keep up with the NFL on German TV and only got the box scores of Atlanta games in the Stars and Stripes. Came back to the world in '88, just in time to watch the Falcons draft Deion and get me excited again.

Enjoy your first game in Charlotte! Mine was truly special. Unbelievable walking into the stadium for first time after being a fan for 20 years. I've now seen them play in Charlotte, New England, New York, San Diego, Arizona, and Baltimore. Want to hit a new stadium this season... maybe Dallas on Thanksgiving with my best friend who is a Cowboy fan. I need a new best friend.

From what I recall...keep the GF, lose the friend.

:)

BSPG, nobody can question your allegiance.  You been here a long time.  I can vouch for you and would stand beside you in a SF vs. Panthers bar fight.

We would get the hell beat out of us if you were depending on me...but I would be there.

My favorite Panther fandom personal story will always be the 05 Bears playoff game.

All I heard for weeks was about how our offense didn't do a damned thing against the Monsters of the Midway.

All 5'9, 175 of me was the only fan in the bar not going for Chicago.

Never been more proud to get yelled at and threatened as I walked out as I was that night.

Agent 89 may have had his best moment ever, that night.

I'm 24 been a Panthers fan since I was 13 (2003) first game I ever watched was the Panthers Pats super bowl. I was a Panthers fan ever since after that game.

Be honest...you had NO team before that?  I'll believe you either way.

20 years old, born overseas but was raised and have lived in NC since the age of 2. I didn't grow up in a football watching family but started watching the Panthers the season we had Vinny Testaverde. I think the first game I watched was the one where we beat the Cardinals and have been a die hard fan since. I remember in 3rd grade kids coming to school super pissed the day after we lost to the Patriots in the super bowl and I didn't even know what the super bowl was then. Kinda glad I didn't haha.

I liked Bartkowski, William Andrews, and Gerald Riggs. Then my dad got a PCS to West Germany and my mom and I had to go with him. Impossible to keep up with the NFL on German TV and only got the box scores of Atlanta games in the Stars and Stripes. Came back to the world in '88, just in time to watch the Falcons draft Deion and get me excited again.

William Andrews was a beast for about 2 years.  Loved that guy.

20 years old, born overseas but was raised and have lived in NC since the age of 2. I didn't grow up in a football watching family but started watching the Panthers the season we had Vinny Testaverde. I think the first game I watched was the one where we beat the Cardinals and have been a die hard fan since. I remember in 3rd grade kids coming to school super pissed the day after we lost to the Patriots in the super bowl and I didn't even know what the super bowl was then. Kinda glad I didn't haha.

Right here is another true "lifelong".

When you can't recall our SB but are a fan...you ain't going nowhere.

I'm 25. Born in 1990 and have been a Panther fan since 95'. I was a new fan of the game and they were a new team. As a 5 year old I picked them for the logo and color scheme and have stuck with them ever since. Being a fan of a team in another region hasn't been easy. I remember "watching" entire games on ESPN Gamecast because there was no such thing as Red Zone or Sunday Ticket.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1431575122.258129.jpg

Age 5 or 6 here rocking a Panther t-shirt. My bowl cut was the GOAT.

same born in 91. Lifelong fan.

Over the hill 30, 40, 50? What are we talking about PC?

I believe you but if you are 30+ and you NEVER had a favorite team before the Panthers? Really?

Closet Cowboys fan...admit it.

My mom and sister are Cowboy fans, seeing as they were born in the dallas area.

I've seen a lot of Cowboys football, but can honestly say they were never my team.

I just never felt loyalty to any one NFL team when I was a kid.

When the NFL expanded, i decided i wanted to be with a team from the beginning. So i chose.

The rest is history.

I'm older than fuging 26 years old but I'm a true Panthers fan because I don't even know there is a sport named American football until saw Panther Mike Minter.

So yeah I can be a lifelong true Panthers fan.

Not everyone knows your story.  You welcome to repeat it to enlighten the masses.

:)

Archived