• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2011 NFL draft revisited, would you take JJ Watt over Cam?

Then there's Wilson (who at this point is a better QB than Cam). Their game/role are similar BUT the huge difference between the two is that one has been anchored as LeBron James and the other as Danny Green.

There's so much wrong with this I don't know where to begin.

I won't even touch the paranthetical comment, because that would just turn into a back and forth argument that no one can prove.  But their game/role are not similar.  Cam is asked to BE the offense.  Russell Wilson is asked not to get in Lynch's way and toss up a few prayers a game.  One is Michael Jordan, the other is Steve Kerr.

Pass .

I

I'm more than happy with Cam in '11 and Luke in '12.   Opposed to Watt in '11 and Ryan T. in '12.

Besides that........  Luke >>>> Watt.  Give me a stud MLB that can outsmart opposing Qbs and drag his teammates into the perfect spots so they can make an upcoming play,  instead of a stud pass rusher.

Besides that........  Luke >>>> Watt.  Give me a stud MLB that can outsmart opposing Qbs and drag his teammates into the perfect spots so they can make an upcoming play,  instead of a stud pass rusher.

You can't be serious.

The only reason Luke fell to us is because the MLB position has been devalued the past few years. Pass rusher is the most important part of the defense. Bill Walsh even said that it's the second most important position, behind QB.

There's so much wrong with this I don't know where to begin.

I won't even touch the paranthetical comment, because that would just turn into a back and forth argument that no one can prove.  But their game/role are not similar.  Cam is asked to BE the offense.  Russell Wilson is asked not to get in Lynch's way and toss up a few prayers a game.  One is Michael Jordan, the other is Steve Kerr.

There is a reason Seattle extended their 29 year old running back before their "Super Bowl winning QB".

There's only one factor that really matters outside of Madden when it comes to franchise quarterbacks -- games won. Right now, in a comparison of first four years with the team, Cam has a record of 30-31-1, which isn't exactly lighting up the field. Heck, it doesn't even compare favorably to Jake Delhomme's record of 35-25 for the same time span.

That's Jake Delhomme beating him out as our quarterback over a four year span. Playoff record for each during the same span: Cam 1-2, Jake 5-2. 

You can throw out all of the excuses for Cam that you want, but when you look back at a quarterback's career, the questions are a) Did they win games? B) Did they win the big games?

So when I look at Cam's record and it can't even match up to Jake's, yeah I would choose Watt over Cam with a roll of the dice as to who our QB would have been.

I still hold out hope that Cam will be more of a winner than a celebrity this year. Franchise QBs play in the Pro Bowl, great quarterbacks are busy preparing for the Super Bowl.

Maybe we should go get Mark Sanchez since he's got a 4-2 playoff record.

You can't be serious.

The only reason Luke fell to us is because the MLB position has been devalued the past few years. Pass rusher is the most important part of the defense. Bill Walsh even said that it's the second most important position, behind QB.

Eh.

You can't be serious.

To each their own.

I would still take a MLB with HOF potential over a pass rusher with HOF potential.      Don't get me wrong, I would still want good pass rushers,  at about the level of CJ or Hardy.    Just like if ya take Watt,  you're still going to want a good MLB to help sync the defense up.

There are actually still Panthers fans out there trying to prop up Delhomme after all these years? lol.

It took half a fugging decade to wash that stench off this franchise that was the Arizona debacle.

And yet, Cam still hasn't reached Jake's level of wins. 

We're all propping Cam up and stroking his ego. The truth is he hasn't brought us a ring, or even real competitiveness yet. If he doesn't do something great this year, we're going to be sitting there like Falcons fans with Mike Vick, or Chargers fans with Phillip Rivers, or Minnesota Vikings fans with Daunte Culpepper... Look at our franchise quarterback, he's great on paper but meh in the wins column.

He's got the skills, he's got the tools and he's been given no end of praise. Let's see him pick a team up and win something big.

Archived