• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Winston's work ethic impressing in OTA's

As SCP said his off the field stuff is overblown! He got hooked up with crab legs, big deal. He was accused by some girl of rape (who has changed her story so many times and based on reading the facts of the case is just a liar). 

What off the field stuff? Cam stole a laptop but he's turned himself in a solid citizen in the community. The irrational hate under the cover of "off the field stuff" smacks of ignorance. 

​Not really, he lost a ton of playmakers on offense and was forced to single handedly keep them in the games a lot of times last year (how many times did they come from behind to win).  Again, I'm not worried about him making a throw, I'm worried about him doing something completely idiotic and getting suspended for 12 games.

I have no idea if he will make it in the NFL or not.  He certainly has a good shot at it, but I don't buy the losing play-makers excuse.   He still had more playmakers and overall talent around him than the majority of FSU's opponents. 

Winston is gonna lead the NFL in INTs this coming season if the Bucs stick with him throughout the season and he doesn't get hurt.  He threw 18 INTs in college last year in only 13 games.  That would've been tied for most in the NFL last season.  Two stats almost never improve for a QB when going from college to the pros - INTs and completion percentage.  All the Jameis nuthuggers who think his only question marks are off the field and even those are overblown seemingly completely overlook the serious turnover concerns ON the field.

Jameis is gonna throw a lot of balls to opposing team, especially as a rookie.

I just hope he does this when he plays us. 

NastyFrayedBantamrooster.gif

I would've said the same thing after 2013. But he looked really average last year without Benjamin. He was nowhere near as good. Then again, now he has arguably the best RB/WR/TE core in the NFL so who knows. Martin Sefaris-Jenkins Jackson Evans That's lethal.

​he can make all the throws and is very intelligent football wise.

the talent level around him in tampa is obscene offensively. I think last year he tried to do to much with too little and forced it.

He'll be good, but he'll have to be ok with coming in second year after year. I like him, but this division will belong to Cam and the Panthers for the next several seasons. Our defense will be able to handle him.

​And you don't think he's going to do the same thing when he's playing for the worst team in the NFL?  I'll be surprised if he doesn't throw 25+ INTs as a rookie.

​mike evans, vincent jackson, Austin SJ, and that RB corps.

They were always a QB away. I think it will take Winston a bit of time. I don't expect a Cam breakout but he's gonna be good. They were never the worst offensive team in the league. They had terrible QB play.

I was going to quote, but now the quote function has seemingly gone from merely sucking ass to completely inoperable.  Oh well.

All those WRs are going to be very tempting for Jameis to force the ball to, and force the ball he will.

​maybe. i'm not sure what that teams identity is yet. Will lovie try and protect him? he's always had game managers. Winston is not a game manager. It will be interesting. i think the guy has all the talent in the world both physically and upstairs to be a very good player. I'm glad we don't play them first so there will be a few games the team can watch and game plan.

Archived