• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Official. Cam Newton signs $103.8 Million extension over 5 years.

hepcat

I love me some Cam Newton, *BUT* I still think he's only worth a 5-year, $75 million contract with only $30 million guaranteed, smdh.

LOL... just wanted to hear that famous Cam-But refrain again.

Cam-But'ters be cray cray.

I read the comments on the Yahoo article regarding the sighning.  I don't know why I did it, but I did and now I'm both pissed off and laughing.  98% of these people make me look smart:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cam-newton-s-contract-includes-largest-payout-for-first-three-years-ever-210405039.html

Don't go to the Panthers' FB page then. Most of those idiots seem to think we broke the bank, gave Cam the largest contract in QB history, & we're now in a far worse cap hell.

I'm pretty happy about the contract, and the numbers.  Glad we got him signed before Wilson and Luck.

I'm betting that once the numbers for those contracts are finished and announced, we'll gain an even greater appreciation for the wisdom of that decision.

I thought Cam was leaving to promote his brand, and hated the Panthers for not giving in weapons?   Weird.

JK, I'm pretty happy about the contract, and the numbers.  Glad we got him signed before Wilson and Luck.

It's going to be interested to see how Seattle plays their cards.  Will they choose Wilson or keeping that defense intact?  

I take it you don't believe they can do both.

They can do both - I just don't think their defense will continue to be elite if they pay Wilson.  I'm assuming Cam's contract is the floor for Wilson.

Obviously, this can go out the window if they continue drafting well.

It's going to be interested to see how Seattle plays their cards.  Will they choose Wilson or keeping that defense intact?  

​Wilson, no doubt.

Nothing off field, young, good player on the rise.  You can have a great D, but without a QB you aren't consistent enough to go to the dance year in and year out.  That's what it takes to get a Lombardi.

​Wilson, no doubt.

Nothing off field, young, good player on the rise.  You can have a great D, but without a QB you aren't consistent enough to go to the dance year in and year out.  That's what it takes to get a Lombardi.

​They're a great team and until proven otherwise, they're the class of the NFC, however they're heading toward having to make some tough personnel decisions, which I think will lead to their defense being diluted just a bit.  It really depends on how well they draft in the future.  

They can do both - I just don't think their defense will continue to be elite if they pay Wilson.  I'm assuming Cam's contract is the floor for Wilson.

Obviously, this can go out the window if they continue drafting well.

You could start a 'which would you choose' thread.  I think it would make for a pretty good discussion.

I think that will be up to Russell Wilson. I am getting a really greedy vibe from Wilson about this.

Personally I dont think he is better than Cam... but He will no doubt demand more money that Cam got. 

​I'm not thinking greedy, just a young really good QB with 2 SB appearances on his rookie contract.

He has a ring, and is not going backward, he is pulling a Flacco, and betting on himself this season.

​I'm not thinking greedy, just a young really good QB with 2 SB appearances on his rookie contract.

He has a ring, and is not going backward, he is pulling a Flacco, and betting on himself this season.

​In talking about choosing between the Seahawks defense or Wilson, you do realize that the entire point is in all likelihood Wilson would not have been in either of those Super Bowls without that defense in question, yes? So continually mentioning that to supposedly strengthen your argument is rather silly.

If the question is franchise QB or elite defense, I will pretty much always take the franchise QB.

But this situation isn't just a cut and dry "one or the other." There are many contributing factors at play here in regards to Seattle's success.

Archived