• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone worried about coaching decisions in 2015?

Hotsauce

Rivera is one of the brightest defensive minds in the game today, so we're fortunate on that front. And yes, McDermott has done a good job as well. Even in 2011 our defense did a respectable job all things considered.

The concern, as others have already touched on, is the other side of the ball. 

How about we trust the coach (Rivera) that got us to the playoffs 2 years in a row, no matter the circumstances (house fire, Cam injuries, Cam car accident, etc.) ? As for Shula, this year will tell it all. He has weapons at his disposal unlike any other year he's been in charge. Let's just see how he does.

Also worth noting is how the locker room stayed positive over that rough stretch last year. Then to know its win or go home for the last 4-5 weeks of the season w/ games that including going to Atlanta and New Orleans...that's impressive. Speaks to the commendable head coaching job that was done last year in the face of adversity.

It seems everyone, including myself is on Cloud 9 this offseason. There have been lots of great moves that I believe will make a huge impact on both sides of the ball this season. 

However, along with my joy, I have a small pit feeling in my stomach that we have some of the biggest question marks are at coaching. Specifically OC and Head Coach. I don't want this to become a Shula/RR bashing thread, but I am not 100% confident in their abilities.  Looking back at some obvious facts like slow starts to the season, inability to prepare the team after byes, questionable calls, bonehead offensive schemes, etc. 

Look at the fact we are returning tons of talent, filled some holes, and have tons of momentum. Plus there is so much of the media counting us out this year, which has always served us well motivating us. It would be just our luck that we play our asses off and lose a couple due to bonehead decisions  I hope I am wrong.

Should I be worried?  Should we be worried?  

Won the division 2 years in a row and we're questioning coaching............really ?

Also worth noting is how the locker room stayed positive over that rough stretch last year. Then to know its win or go home for the last 4-5 weeks of the season w/ games that including going to Atlanta and New Orleans...that's impressive. Speaks to the commendable head coaching job that was done last year in the face of adversity.

​Be careful here Rook...........defending RR will get you run outta town.

Not really. 

The staff is somewhat conservative.  Yes, Rivera tends to succeed most when he deviates from that, but know that's what this team is - conservative.  This team is going to be able to do some things that you're gonna pretend you saw coming - on its way toward doing the necessary things like throw deep, run the ball, set up good 3rd downs.  

Shula isn't perfect, Ron's game management isn't perfect, but the end result is still better than most.  This team isn't somehow magically held back from being this tremendously wide open offense by Shula, it's what Ron wants.  With this defense, if you dump Ron, you probably have the same approach (provided a replacement doesn't ruin the defense).

Won the division 2 years in a row and we're questioning coaching............really ?

How about we trust the coach (Rivera) that got us to the playoffs 2 years in a row, no matter the circumstances (house fire, Cam injuries, Cam car accident, etc.) ? As for Shula, this year will tell it all. He has weapons at his disposal unlike any other year he's been in charge. Let's just see how he does.

​Yep, and we did the exact same thing, here in Tampa. Stupid Ass Bandwagon Fans here started a "get rid of Jon Gruden" movement going, and so we fired our Super Bowl winning coach :( 

Archived