• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenton Bersin continues to impress

Jeremy Igo

Lots of players can catch a football. This team needs dynamic play makers (every good team has one or more) not someone who can catch a ball and fall down (we already have Olson for that). I have no problem if he makes the squad as a 5th-6th receiver but we have GOT to get better options on the field. As a backup that rarely sees the field or plays special teams, fine. 

Unless Bersin got stronger over the offseason I just don't see it. Too many times we saw him get knocked off his route or jammed at the line. Bersin could be a effective slot guy, more so than Cotchery potentially so I'd be ok with keeping him as a 5th or 6th.

it was more than 1 play...

Lots of players can catch a football. This team needs dynamic play makers (every good team has one or more) not someone who can catch a ball and fall down (we already have Olson for that). I have no problem if he makes the squad as a 5th-6th receiver but we have GOT to get better options on the field. As a backup that rarely sees the field or plays special teams, fine. 

​I think everyone is hoping that Funchess will be a dynamic playmaker.. and that bringing back Ted and the development of Corey Brown will provide the offense with enough weapons.  I wouldn't say we have GOT to get better options. The answer might already be on the roster.

he was arguably better than crotchety and jason avant last year.

​Bersin had 13 catches for 151 yards and 1 TD

Jason Avant had 201 yards and 1 TD with us, another 152 with the Chiefs.

Cotchery had 580 yards and 1 TD.  

So according to stats, no, no he wasn't better and you couldn't argue he was better.  

• Pie 1

Let's be real here, Cotchery hung around last year because he's a good team guy and a mentor.  With a year under benjamin's belt, I won't be surprised one bit if he's gone.

​And with Ginn back.  Ginn's entering his 9th season IIRC.  Cotch is going to have to show something special if he's to make the roster.  It doesn't seem like he had much chemistry with Cam last year.

​You are basing the idea that Bersin should never be a primary read off of one play.

Not really,I said primary read to encompass any plays featuring bersin not just based off the seattle debacle. What I was saying is that I'm fine with bersin giving our top guya a play off, but when he's in there he shouldn't be the target of designed bubble screens, fades, etc. Don't feature bersin but let him catch a first down or two with the the attention on KB, funch, or Olsen.

​Bersin had 13 catches for 151 yards and 1 TD

Jason Avant had 201 yards and 1 TD with us, another 152 with the Chiefs.

Cotchery had 580 yards and 1 TD.  

So according to stats, no, no he wasn't better and you couldn't argue he was better.  

​Unless you actually knew what you were talking about and took into account number of active games and snaps. 

• Pie 2