• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq's offcially at Wednesday OTAs

O-Ther

I think Panthers fans are a little weird on Thompson maybe because Shaq was a luxury pick and he's missed all the mini-camps and OTAs until today.  He probably won't get as much playing time as Funchess will either, so he will get the spotlight more.

those who feel a little weird don't understand how he will be used. he is not a replacement for TD, and not a luxury pick. he will be a huge upgrade to our defense. there were several threads written during the draft that explained his likely role as big nickel or buffalo nickel.

those who feel a little weird don't understand how he will be used. he is not a replacement for TD, and not a luxury pick. he will be a huge upgrade to our defense. there were several threads written during the draft that explained his likely role as big nickel or buffalo nickel.

Nice! A nickel is worth 5 no matter how you look at it. I'm pretty excited for ShaqTime.

​Buffalo nickel is a good way to put it.  It's a player mold Rivera has wanted for a while and I'm sure McD and Ron are excited to use him out there. 

I think he's a dual use starter /project... Buffalo nickel available on base formations.... Possible evolution into a TD type LB.... I'm excited about him. I'm starting to believe McD is a genius just waiting to bust through 

I think he's a dual use starter /project... Buffalo nickel available on base formations.... Possible evolution into a TD type LB.... I'm excited about him. I'm starting to believe McD is a genius just waiting to bust through 

Ideal scenario.  This is how I want it to be.

Also, when the defense gets an interception or fumble there should be a strategy of getting the ball into Shaq's hands. 

You got me thinking, if the defense gets an interception and the player runs backward from the point they caught the ball, could they then throw a forward pass down field to a DB that is running toward the endzone for a touchdown? That would take a perfect storm of event to even have a chance at succeeding, but I'm just curious if the rules allow it.

Ideal scenario.  This is how I want it to be.

The way it's been explained to me is shaq allows us to not show our hand. He will be a three down backer. He's quick and agile enough to cover nickel roles as well as being a run stopper. Qbs won't be able to gear up on us as much especially spread offenses. And we play quite a few elite spread offenses this year.

think Kam Chancellor. 

You got me thinking, if the defense gets an interception and the player runs backward from the point they caught the ball, could they then throw a forward pass down field to a DB that is running toward the endzone for a touchdown? That would take a perfect storm of event to even have a chance at succeeding, but I'm just curious if the rules allow it.

No...............forward lateral

The way it's been explained to me is shaq allows us to not show our hand. He will be a three down backer. He's quick and agile enough to cover nickel roles as well as being a run stopper. Qbs won't be able to gear up on us as much especially spread offenses. And we play quite a few elite spread offenses this year.

think Kam Chancellor. 

​If Ron and McD have wanted this big (Buffalo) nickel package and they think Shaq-Fu can make it happen AAAAND they spend a first round pick on him...what's not to be excited about?

I think many Huddlers will be disappointed with Shaq's play this season.

With the role he will play and the fact that he will be basically learning a new position, I see him flashing how good he can be at times....but looking lost at others.

I think it will be a couple of seasons before we see the player that the Panthers envision as a 1st round pick.

Hope I am wrong. and he balls out this season.

Archived