• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers To Have Change at Mid-Field Logo

Lilsmitty09

I think as long as JR is the owner it'll be the shield. First owner/creator will give props to the other owners for unanimously voting yes to the Panthers.

next owner though...should give props to the fans. I'd also like to see the stadium named something that isn't corporate. Like maybe the Queen City Coliseum or something.

You do realize that companies pay hundreds of millions of dollars to name the stadium?

Yes and there are many stadiums that don't have corporate sponsors. Off the top of my head:

Green Bay

both NY teams

Kansas City

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati 

while it may not be common it's a desire I have for the team to dedicate itself to the city and the fans. If I won the lottery I would consider buying the rights for just that reason. I'm smart enough to know it makes zero business sense but it gets me in the feels.

Yes and there are many stadiums that don't have corporate sponsors. Off the top of my head:

Green Bay

both NY teams

Kansas City

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati 

while it may not be common it's a desire I have for the team to dedicate itself to the city and the fans. If I won the lottery I would consider buying the rights for just that reason. I'm smart enough to know it makes zero business sense but it gets me in the feels.

​New York Jets and New York Giants play in MetLife Stadium

Pittsburgh plays at Heinz field. 

Those are corporate sponsors. But I still see your point.

Green Bay

both NY teams

Kansas City

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati 

The Buffalo Bills' stadium in Orchard Park is named Ralph Wilson Stadium and commonly called"The Ralph". The new owners, the Pegula's, have expressed no desire to change it in honor of the man who brought football to WNY. Much the same reason the Packers play at Lambeau Field.

​New York Jets and New York Giants play in MetLife Stadium

Pittsburgh plays at Heinz field. 

Those are corporate sponsors. But I still see your point.

​Yeah you're right. I guess Three River Stadium and Giant stadium are things of the past. Certainly the NFL is going towards and not away from corporate sponsors and I understand it but I'd rather they didn't. It seems like you can help build an identity for a team giving them their own field but it's a business. I get it. Oh well.

​Yeah you're right. I guess Three River Stadium and Giant stadium are things of the past. Certainly the NFL is going towards and not away from corporate sponsors and I understand it but I'd rather they didn't. It seems like you can help build an identity for a team giving them their own field but it's a business. I get it. Oh well.

​You said it.  All about the benjamins baby.

Not that I like it either though.

Archived