• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you ever wonder why Steve Smith left?

Khaki Lackey

Rumor has it that in the locker room the day before Gettleman had his infamous "everyone is being evaluated" press conference, Steve stuffed Captain Munnerlyn is his jersey, pulled his pants up to his titties and ran around saying, "Stah set tha bah!"

Dave was obviously not amused and it lead to Steve's eventual departure.

Is doing parodies of awful threads still a thing here? If not, mods please delete.

From what I've heard from my sources in the front office, this is how it went down:

A few weeks after the 2013 season ended, Smith came back to the stadium to retrieve some belongings. Smith was taking the elevator down, and as he exited the elevator Gettleman came in. Immediately Gettleman knew something was off in that elevator. A putrid mustardy smell enveloped his senses. As Gettleman struggled to keep his eyes from watering, he calls back to Smith, "Steve, wait. What happened in this elevator? What have you done."

And without a hint of emotion, Smith leaned in to Gettleman's ear and whispered, "He who smelt it, dealt it." And then Smith backed away, never taking his eyes off Gettleman's.

A few hours later the paperwork was complete for Steve Smith's release. 

this made me choke on my cereal. 

They have Apple Jacks with marshmallows in them now. I was never a huge fan of them before. I'm more of a Cap'n Crunch man, but add some marshmallows? Magic.

Edit : it just occurred to me that if they add marshmallows to Crunch Berries, it might be the best cereal ever.

SS#89 left because DG smelt a Tiger Woods knowing that Jordan Spieth's are coming down the production line if you know what to look for.

In 2013, team smelled like yogurt.  Not expired yogurt but yogurt nonetheless.

This team smells like bacon.  Glorious bacon.

Mmm-hmmm bacon is the perfect food. Makes everything taste better, especially vegetarian food, and had no nutritional value.

My theory about Smitty's release is that he was the franchise before Cam arrived and was not going to bow down to Cam in the locker room. Not to a rookie QB with 1 year of playing time in Division 1. Smitty was the weapon on offense, so the noob better d*mn well throw him the ball.

Cam, being a raw rookie, let Smitty drive the offense and be the alpha in the locker room. That's why Cam wasn't a captain until 2 years ago. Locker room knew Cam was Smitty's b!tch, and guys like that aren't voted captain. Enter Gettleman. First year, he doesn't rock the roster so he can see what he's got to work with here. Gettleman sees his top QB isn't leading because of Smitty's presence. Balance Smitty's age. contract, and that he had Cam wrapped around his finger, and it's not a surprise that Smitty got cut

Smitty was the past and Cam's the future, and that was the only way Cam could spread his wings and truly take over the offense and the locker room.

Archived