• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rival Review - Atlanta Falcons

Jeremy Igo

Remains to be seen how Quinn will handle being a head coach of both sides of the football on gamedays without one of the best secondaries the NFL has seen.

As we've come to learn with our own defensive coordinator turned head coach, that is not an automatic thing guys just figure out on the fly.

To further reinforce this idea, look at how good the Seahawks have been since Pete Carroll took over. You either have it as a head coach or you don't.

Edited by TheRed

the falcons have been putting the cart before the horse for the past half decade. have they done anything to improve that offensive line? aside from the DE pick, have they done anything to bolster their defensive line? 

i think they'll be improved, but the same basic problems are going to dog them until they get a few years under quinn to rebuild the team they way he wants. 8-8 is their ceiling this year.

• Pie 2

the falcons have been putting the cart before the horse for the past half decade. have they done anything to improve that offensive line? aside from the DE pick, have they done anything to bolster their defensive line? 

i think they'll be improved, but the same basic problems are going to dog them until they get a few years under quinn to rebuild the team they way he wants. 8-8 is their ceiling this year.

Could be... but last year that would have won the south. 

How anyone can say Mike Smith was not a good coach is beyond me. He has the best winning record of any coach in ATL history. He was AP coach of the year in 2008 and went to the playoffs every year in his first five years apart from in 2009, though he had a winning record. 

Being a rah rah guy on tv does not equate to being a good coach. In the end, Dimitroff left the roster bare for him. Just look at how many Smith era players were let  go. Also it's no surprise Blank brought in Pioli to be in charge of the draft. 

Having said that if they can get their defense to apply pressure, not sacks on the front like SEA does, it may greatly improve their defense and with a solid QB like Ryan be back in contention for the NFCS. 

Could be... but last year that would have won the south. 

people poo on them, but i don't see the saints or bucs finishing much below 8-8. the division should be much more competitive as a whole. we, of course, will demolish them all.

• Pie 1

people poo on them, but i don't see the saints or bucs finishing much below 8-8. the division should be much more competitive as a whole. we, of course, will demolish them all.

Hope so. Need to wait and see how the OTs and Shula perform. IMO, season hinges on them.