• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kantor signs max deal with Portland

bLACKpANTHER

Come on, BP. At least mention he's a RFA and the Thunder now have to choose to match or let him walk.

Also, as I said when this was brought up in the free agency thread, he's another Al Jefferson. They shouldn't miss him and should let him walk, but kudos to Portland for trying to force the issue.

Kanter makes Al look like bill russell. He is quite literally the worst defensive big in the NBA. He's also an atrocious passer. I don't know why anyone would want him, never mind for the max. He also has some worrying personality issues and seems like a poor teammate.

I guess I can sort of understand this from Portlands perspective- they have money to spend, and aren't going anywhere any time soon. Kanter will help them tank for the next few seasons and they can hope that over time he is able to improve his defense from historically awful to merely bad. 

For a team trying to compete for a title next year, I have no idea why they would want him. Even for less than the max. OKC is better off rolling with McGary and Adams. They should only match Kanter if Durant explicitly demands it, and I like to think Durant knows basketball better than that. 

Rumors are OKC is probably gonna match the offer. Per Hoopshype

Which to me is retarded for 2 factors- A.) Kantor is def not a max player and B.) Why didn't you offer the max to Harden when he was there? And now you wanna give Harden's money to someone who didn't earn it? You idiots could have had 3 of the Top 5-10 players in the NBA on the same team for years to come and probably already won 2 Titles by now.. shmucks

You idiots could have had 3 of the Top 5-10 players in the NBA on the same team for years to come and probably already won 2 Titles by now.. shmucks

there is only one ball to go around, they never would have won 2 titles.  

there is only one ball to go around, they never would have won 2 titles.  

I Disagree Harden, Russell and KD were babies and made it to the Finals.. they ran into LeBron, Bosh and a healthy Wade. No one was beating the Heat that year. If OKC didn't break up their Big 3, they could have had 1-2 of the past 3 titles. At the very least - the Western Conference Finals every year.

I Disagree Harden, Russell and KD were babies and made it to the Finals.. they ran into LeBron, Bosh and a healthy Wade. No one was beating the Heat that year. If OKC didn't break up their Big 3, they could have had 1-2 of the past 3 titles. At the very least - the Western Conference Finals every year.

This.  OKC being cheap bastards and not wanting to pay the luxury tax, claiming small-market woes, will go down as one of the worst NBA decisions and biggest what-ifs of all time. 

IF they had kept Harden and IF Westbrook wasn't a walking injury and IF Durant didn't miss a season with a broke foot and IF they had fired Scott Brooks 3 years earlier and IF they were still able to keep Ibaka and sign other key players and IF San Antonio magically disappeared and IF...... Lol... Yeah... OKC totally would've won "2 or 3" titles with 3 ball dominant, volume shooting, non-defensive max players.

You think Westbrook is not a defender? Lmao

Archived