• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks offer Wilson $21M/year but Wilson wants more

pantherking15

They should ship him to Jacksonville and let him try to be the AFC version of Cam.  Shouldn't be a problem for him since he seems to think he's the best QB in the league. 

yeah i always thought of that when people would bring in the "he just wins games" and "he led his team to the playoffs" rhetoric about guys like wilson and andy dalton.  this was back before the red rifle had transformed into something of a meme as the most average quarterback in the league of course.

let's drop russell wilson on the jaguars, titans, raiders, or some other hopeless team with a lot of problems and watch them march to the playoffs i suppose.  he's a cog in a machine and while he certainly plays his role very well i doubt he's someone who can be expected to shoulder an offense by himself like cam newton and andrew luck were asked to do.

21 is fair(lol), but I'd like to know the amount of signing bonus and guarantees.

If signing is 20+ and guar is 50+, he should take the deal and be verrrrrrrry thankful.

You can't win in this without a QB, IMO there are around 15 who can win suparowls, like it or not Wilson proved he is one. Granted to took the leagues best defense and running game, hes very lucky to land in best situation by far for a QB.

I believe his main problem is his agent is trying to recoup money form years played on a third rounder contract. 

I went to State, liked what he did there and understood why he left. Now he plays for the Seagulls + seems like a douchebag = I hate his face too.

I try not to disrespect the students that went to these other schools but the athletes... I gots no love bruh.

....Dude doesnt realize this is a team sport... Brady gives up money so the Pats can sign talent...hope RW breaks the Hawks financially... its one of the a few teams thats keeping the Panthers from getting to the promise land....

As I said many times, in 2012 Cam threw the would be game winner in the dirt after THE most maddening game in franchise history, the Nakamura game.  In 2013 if DeAngelo doesn't fumble we're the #1 seed, the playoff dynamics are completely different, and maybe we win the Lombardi.  In 2014 we fought the good fight after a Hollywood script left us with one arm behind our back, and still had a punchers chance.  Best case for them, even if they keep all their megastars (Lynch most likely to go first), they cannot keep the Kearse's, Irvin's, Okung's, Mebane's, Hauschka's, Baldwin's, McDaniel's, et al.  Those guys have truly been the difference and their poor drafts have left them little in supply.  Patience grasshopper.  Only a matter of time.

What exactly am I missing here? Every single time I see the guy play he just runs around then throws up some miracle and it gets caught somehow.... He wants more than 21m/year? I hope they pay it so it ruins their cap.

Archived