• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

what's the maddest you've ever been as a panthers fan?

PhillyB

Inspired by the Panthers vs. Seahawks replay thread.

Mine is from that game, when Kam Chancellor jumped over the field goal unit for an attempted block, and then when we lined back up for the retry he stood in the exact same place and not one player or captain or coach ever even considered the possibility of lining someone up to block him. Sure enough, he did the same exact damn thing while I was screaming blood and carbon dioxide at the TV along with the rest of the universe, and he blocked the kick. I'm convinced the only reason I'm not dead right now is because the penalty called it back and nullified the turnover.

Even Haruki Nakamura's boner on the Falcons hail mary in 2012 wasn't as staggeringly, avoidably, obviously fuging stupid.

I laughed at the chancellor thing last year. I remember being alone watching the nakamura blunder in my apartment in Philly and screaming so loud and throwing poo around the room that other tenants came and knocked on my door. Maddest I've ever been watching a sporting event ever. I blacked out when Matt Ryan did the get the fug off our field. I lost years off my life that day.

I spiked the remote when DeAngelo coughed up that fumble against Seattle as we were driving the field and in great position to score.

The miscommunication with seconds remaining in Buffalo that allowed the Bills to win that game. Horrendous.

Olindo Mare blowing a 30 yard field goal that would have sent us to OT against the Vikings in 2011.

In other words, all the close losses and blown leads during Rivera's tenure have been infuriating for the most part. I know I'm leaving out a lot of them. So many scripts unfolded in those games you just can't make up. Hopefully that trend is over with.

Not a game

had to be when the news broke out that they extended delhomme in (I think it was april) 2009. It's one thing when the QB you trusted blows up in a game. It's another when you reward him for that. That's like giving a guy who just drunk drove into a schoolyard the pink slip to a Maserati. Had to spend a lot of time in the angry dome to accept that stupid decision.

Archived