• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cam vs jake

Sup dude ain't seen ya online in a while? Give in on Destiny? 

Haha, long time. I haven't been video gaming anywhere near as much of late, got a lot more "real life" things to take care of these days :)

And I will admit Destiny kinda burned me out when HoW dropped and I realized I would have to go through another leveling slog. . .

as i said i did not get snubbed. just wanted to hear your thoughts on the difference of personality. i am not slamming cam in any way. i have been to camp for the last ten years and just wondered what triggered one to stay until the end and one to just sign a few.

I went a couple of years ago, the day that story broke about him taking off his shoes and handing them to the nice fatally diseased woman in a wheelchair, which happened to be right next to me. I can tell you that he seems to me to be the most motivated person in the world to make everyone happy and he really enjoys having that reciprocated with smiles and compassion imo.

Then there are people like you who may have some sort of preconceived notion of who he is, which usually leads to a disagreement between your brain and reality. What did you think he was going to be like? Smiles and spend 15 minutes with you? Be honest with yourself about that and then ask yourself how many people like you he saw that day.

If I was a professional athlete I would never sign anything for anyone, period. Autographs are the dumbest thing ever and I have never asked for one despite meeting a number of celebrities.

You would be hated and vilified at every opportunity.  lol I would find you hilarious and ridiculously ungrateful.

Cam is a legit superstar and he still signs a ton for fans. I guarantee that he signs much more than guys like Manning, Luck, and Brady. It's because he's a legitimate nice guy. If he signed every item for every person he'd be there all night. Lets not even bring up the fact that people have caught on to his generosity and try to take advantage of it so they can later sell it on ebay. 

I go to camp every year and stay for a few days and hit every practice. I have yet to get Cam's autograph. Personally I dont care if I ever get it as long as the kids get their stuff signed. I am always laughing when the kids are screaming player names and how the kids chase them down the fence. I am sure I will get him to sign my yearly football some year, but I am not gonna cry if it doesnt happen.

PS I never got Peppers autograph the entire time he was here.

Haha, long time. I haven't been video gaming anywhere near as much of late, got a lot more "real life" things to take care of these days :)

And I will admit Destiny kinda burned me out when HoW dropped and I realized I would have to go through another leveling slog. . .

i heard the new expansion made some serious improvements, might have to jump in now

remember when cam got slammed for "charging for autographs" in 2012 i think it was because he was signing at an event with a $200 entry fee or something

then it turned out that like aaron rodgers, eli manning, The Golden Calf of Bristol, and a shitload of other players had been doing the exact same thing for years in some cases

Archived