• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenjon Barner with a 90+ Punt Runt Return TD. * Sigh

chknwing

We wouldn't of made the playoffs in the NFC East either.  

If you're saying that because you think the division is tougher, have you seen the Redskins and the Giants lately?

If you wanna swap schedules, keep in mind they played the AFC South and the NFC West last season.  We played the AFC and NFC North.  Schedule wise, I'd definitely take that trade.

Might also be worth considering that even with that schedule, they faded down the stretch (including losing to the Redskins) whereas the Panthers surged in the latter part of the year and into the playoffs.

Throw in that their 2013 playoff loss was at home to the Saints, a team we beat in dramatic fashion just a few weeks before that when we sealed the division for the first time.

I know a lot of people are gaga over Chip Kelly.  I'm not one of them, and especially not now that he's got full power.

We'll see what happens this season.  But regardless of what the final results are, I kinda doubt that when season's end rolls around anybody's gonna be talking about what a huge mistake it was to release Kenjon Barner.

If you're saying that because you think the division is tougher, have you seen the Redskins and the Giants lately?

If you wanna swap schedules, keep in mind they played the AFC South and the NFC West last season.  We played the AFC and NFC North.  Schedule wise, I'd definitely take that trade.

Might also be worth considering that even with that schedule, they faded down the stretch (including losing to the Redskins) whereas the Panthers surged in the latter part of the year and into the playoffs.

Throw in that their 2013 playoff loss was at home to the Saints, a team we beat in dramatic fashion just a few weeks before that when we sealed the division for the first time.

I know a lot of people are gaga over Chip Kelly.  I'm not one of them, and especially not now that he's got full power.

We'll see what happens this season.  But regardless of what the final results are, I kinda doubt that when season's end rolls around anybody's gonna be talking about what a huge mistake it was to release Kenjon Barner.

Agree 100% brother.

We beat one winning team all of last season.  Not including the Cards in the Playoffs.  I couldn't care less about Barner.  I like what Kelly has done, it's impressive.  

no thanks, I appreciate it though.  Just because I respect what Kelly has done doesn't mean I have to like their team now.  Come on, I mean geez.  

I  don't believe the fact that you "respect" what Kelly is doing is the main issue that leads some to question your team loyalty.  It's making such a definitive statement in your expectations that Philly will "handle" us again this season that allows your Panthers fandom to be called into question.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion on how you believe the Panthers will fair in every match up this season, but it's kinda hard to understand how any fellow Panther fan can be so so sure that a particular opponent is not going to have any problems handling us again this season, knowing that the key injuries and personnel deficiencies we struggled with last season are much improved.  

I guess what im trying to say is, you shouldn't get your feathers ruffled that some of  your fellow Panther fans think there might be a little wishful thinking in your prediction of an a Eagles easy win.

barner had a fumbling problem and wasn't particularly impressive here so our GM traded him to a guy that collects oregon players like pokemon.  then he got cut, then he passed through waivers (read: nobody in the entire league wanted him), then he got signed to the eagles' practice squad, then he made a splash in a preseason game.  but it was kelly's master plan all along amirite.

I  don't believe the fact that you "respect" what Kelly is doing is the main issue that leads some to question your team loyalty.  It's making such a definitive statement in your expectations that Philly will "handle" us again this season that allows your Panthers fandom to be called into question.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion on how you believe the Panthers will fair in every match up this season, but it's kinda hard to understand how any fellow Panther fan can be so so sure that a particular opponent is not going to have any problems handling us again this season, knowing that the key injuries and personnel deficiencies we struggled with last season are much improved.  

I guess what im trying to say is, you shouldn't get your feathers ruffled that some of  your fellow Panther fans think there might be a little wishful thinking in your prediction of an a Eagles easy win.

Well, lets look at the last two times we've played them (which includes a Preseason game).  Well, the Preseason game we didn't look good, and made McCoy look like a monster.  We lost 14-9.  Respective score.  Then last year we all know that debacle.  So, I'm just basing it off of the past two times we've faced Kelly's offense.  Sorry for basing it on facts, not opinions.  But thank you for understanding, instead of telling me I need to go be a Eagles fan.  FYI, I'm going to the Eagles game this year and hope we beat the poo out of them.  But us in Primetime=quality bed shitting usually.  

Don't know about that.  IMO, the NFC west has been the toughest division in the NFL the past two years.  Definitely the best from top to bottom on the defensive side of the ball.

I would definitely swap the AFC north for the south though. 

That being said, I am not a big fan of Kelly.  His personnel moves seem odd from a distance.  In truth, I am not a big fan of coaches making personnel decisions.  But if he succeeds this, he will certainly deserve some accolades. 

Well, lets look at the last two times we've played them (which includes a Preseason game).  Well, the Preseason game we didn't look good, and made McCoy look like a monster.  We lost 14-9.  Respective score.  Then last year we all know that debacle.  So, I'm just basing it off of the past two times we've faced Kelly's offense.  Sorry for basing it on facts, not opinions.  But thank you for understanding, instead of telling me I need to go be a Eagles fan.  FYI, I'm going to the Eagles game this year and hope we beat the poo out of them.  But us in Primetime=quality bed shitting usually.  

It's your opinion that that Philly will handle the Panthers again, based the fact that they beat us last season, but your prediction is still just conjecture.

You failed to aacknowledge the fact that the Panthers should be in a much better situation when they sqaure off with the Eagles again this season.

Chip had a top 5 offense with Sanchez, If that doesn't say he's a good coach I don't know what does?

I don't even want to begin to imagine what he could do with Cam.

I'm not saying Chip wiill be bad NFL,  but some of us guys that's been following the NFL for 3 or 4 decades have seen several college coaches come in and take the league by storm for season or so with their "cutting edge"  offense only to be brought back down to earth, and in some instances sent back to the college game with their tail tucked beteeen there legs.

Im not predicting ttwt scenario for Kelly, but the jury is still out.

I'm not saying Chip wiill be bad NFL,  but some of us guys that's been following the NFL for 3 or 4 decades have seen several college coaches come in and take the league by storm for season or so with their "cutting edge"  offense only to be brought back down to earth, and in some instances sent back to the college game with their tail tucked beteeen there legs.

Im not predicting ttwt scenario for Kelly, but the jury is still out.

Not many college coaches have back to back 10 win seasons from the get go. And now with Bradford I wouldn't be surprised if they take the division.

Archived