• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Loss of Hardy vs loss of KB, impact wise how do they compare?

PanthersUnited

Ofcourse these are two totally different players that play two totally different positions, but one thing they both have in common is they are/were cornerstone type difference makers. Hardy was coming off a pro bowl, double digit sack season and was a huge factor in our 12-4 season the year before.

KB is coming off a great, 1000 yd rookie season. If you look at the circumstances surronding Hardy last year vs the circumstances losing KB, I would say Hardy overall would be a bigger impact. First off, his situation was a HUGE distraction, 2nd of all we lost him right during the regular season leaving us with 0 time to prepare during practice and pre season games. With KB we atleast lost him with a few weeks left to go until the regular season atleast giving us some time and pre season games to prepare before the bullets start flying in thr regular season.

It makes me feel a lot better knowing we already faced the test of losing a all pro player and still managed to win the NFCs and make the playoffs. Infact some would argue an all pro DE sack artist is more impactful than a WR. Impact wise, how would you compare the overall impact of losing Hardy Vs KB? 

I think Hardy put us in more of a bind. Losing KB hurts me personally more, because I was looking for a BIG year from him this year. Seeing him at Fan Fest, and just how ready he looked. How excited he was to be out there among the fans and on the field at BoA. He was going to go for 10+ TDs and 1000+ yards. I just knew it.

Hardy definitely effected the team more. Especially considering the fact that Cam went down and we HAD to lean on our defense for the first part of the year. It took a few games to get our bearings on defense completely. KB won't put us in that spot. We have guys who can play. Not at that level, but the drop off in talent isn't as significant as it was to go from Hardy to Ealy/Horton.

Hardy played on a stacked DL on stacked front 7.

KB played with a weak WR corp on a fairly unimpressive offense.

Hardy the better player, KB the much bigger impact.  Note the top 10 D after a slow start adjusting.  So once they adjusted, the impact wasn't much at all...D just wasn't different in how they dominated bc of rising stars (and we don't have those type investments on O now)

For me it's a tough call. While looking at just player vs player I would give the slight edge to Hardy being more impactful. However I also think that our D and D coaching staff was so good we had a little more capital to work with and a little more room for error losing a player like Hardy.

With KB we have a mediocre WR corps besides him and a very lackluster offensive coaching and coordinator, it seems like we have much less room for error on the offensive side of the ball when it comes to losing key players

For me it's a tough call. While looking at just player vs player I would give the slight edge to Hardy being more impactful. However I also think that our D and D coaching staff was so good we had a little more capital to work with and a little more room for error losing a player like Hardy.

With KB we have a mediocre WR corps besides him and a very lackluster offensive coaching and coordinator, it seems like we have much less room for error on the offensive side of the ball when it comes to losing key players

You've already given your opinion. You don't get a redo.

Hardy hands down, with Rivera being coach we always rely heavy on defense,to a flaw at times, so losing a pro bowl de(to some bullshit i might add) sucked last year and will continue to suck until ealy catches on and makes us forget 

we had a top 10 D last year.  D just had to adjust to strengths and scheme a little different.  That front 7 was stacked without Hardy.

KB was a one man WR corp and we don't even have a #2.  

we had a top 10 D last year.  D just had to adjust to strengths and scheme a little different.  That front 7 was stacked without Hardy.

KB was a one man WR corp and we don't even have a #2.  

we had to scheme mostly for missing hardy, our d couldn't generate any pressure with out sending a extra man, there was no more 4 man rush once hardy was out.

KB did beast it, but majority of the season it didn't matter because our d kept giving up 30+ and we didn't have a number 2 because our gm keeps building the roster for the future instead of now 

Archived