• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here is your 53 man team at the moment...

KillerKat

Scott Simonson; Marcus Lucas > Richie Brockel; Brandon Williams (two can catch; two cannot catch; none can block well. Tired of seeing Brockel get shoved back into the backfield at the goal line), No clue what they keep seeing in Brockel. He has been here going on 5 years and is not a factor for the team during games. Plus, he is 29 years old. Bring in some youth with upside.

Brenton Bersin > Corey Brown (one can catch; one can not catch.)

Rakim Cox > Wes Horton (No question who will impact a game more.)

Adarius Glanton > AJ Klein (Klein keeps getting beat; Glanton performed well and showed upside in playoff games.)

Terry Redden > Kyle Love (Redden is young, quick, and athletic. Love cannot even push a pile.)

Carrington Byndom > Dean Marlowe (Different positions, but Byndom has shown good coverage and has made plays. Marlowe has made some serious mental errors)

Others who should not be on the roster: Nate Chandler; Chris Scott; Amini Silatolu; Ben Jacobs; Roman Harper.

These players are going to cost the Panthers games.

This is insanity: continually going with the same players and hoping for a better result. Seems like the ones they kept were player favorites/personal projects. At what point do you call it quits and throw out Nate Chandler, Chris Scott, Amini Silatolu, Brandon Williams, and Richie Brockel? Maybe in year 5 they will show some promise?

Better chance of fishing for a few players like Remmers, Norwell and Fozzy as the season wears on and stop holding on to dead weight in Chandler, Scott, and Silatolu.

I would prefer to invest in a player that has a chance at stepping up and winning games instead of players you know are at their ceiling, make mental errors, get beat, and will/have cost the Panthers in games. When the best they can give you is less than mediocre, you need to change them out.

They need more of an objective approach that emphasizes player value. Seems like they stick to a subjective approach about how they feel or what their gut tells them.

Amini actually looked pretty decent this preseason. Chandler still looked inconsistent. I would've gone with Rick Henry instead or #77 Wallace.

Yeah, I'm good with our starting oline for once, but we are always a play away from Chandler taking the field.  Ugh

Very solid roster this season. Excellent depth along the O and D lines. This is by far the best roster since Gettleman took over.

I think we will stay with this 53 going into week 1. I don't expect any signings tomorrow. I'm Gettleman will try but we're too low on the waiver wire picking order to claim anyone who can unseat one of our 53.

Archived