• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Worst Game Preview By NFL.COM Of All Time (UPDATED)

Lilsmitty09

I'm more interested in the whole "Allen Robinson is better than any Panther" thing.  Like seriously, Allen Robinson?  He's basically the Jags version of Philly Brown.  The funny thing is he actually IS one of the Jags best players, and he wouldn't even come close to cracking the top 10 on our roster.

I'm hoping they just meant WRs... cause no way you make a dumbass statement like that and not completely lose credibility.

Ignorance of the truth is never an excuse.  

Just another reason why I'm baffled that these guys get paid for their "opinions".

Serious question: Is this an analysis or an op-ed?

If its an op-ed then they nailed it.  If its supposed to be an analysis of the two teams then they look bad and should feel bad that the whole thing came out bad.

but what is the truth? I mean take Oher.  Until he proves to be something different I think he has earned the title of a bad to date. 

I actually think he has a decent year and big improvement over Bell.  Can't really expect anyone outside of here to think he is a positive yet 

Cmon y'all who cares, we know the Panthers are badass this year with or without Benjamin. That defense is still awesome, Cam is healthy and has some dudes who can burn corners deep.  Olsen works the middle.  Cam is going to be launching the deep ball this year.

Just saw the video via another source. 

Can't say he's wrong though. I wouldn't go as far as calling the organization terrible though. His offensive line comment is up for debate as well. 

As far as his WR comment, he's correct, this is probably not the best line up we have or in the league for that matter. 

The thing I would argue is that most of his assessment is based on opinion. The season isn't started and it is a relative unknown. Preseason isn't a reliable measuring stick either. Lots of teams have had problems in the preseason and during the regular season been okay. 

I would have liked more actual facts to back up his statements though. If they use the preseason stats, our offensive line was one of the best in the league. 

Just saw the video via another source. 

Can't say he's wrong though. I wouldn't go as far as calling the organization terrible though. His offensive line comment is up for debate as well. 

As far as his WR comment, he's correct, this is probably not the best line up we have or in the league for that matter. 

The thing I would argue is that most of his assessment is based on opinion. The season isn't started and it is a relative unknown. Preseason isn't a reliable measuring stick either. Lots of teams have had problems in the preseason and during the regular season been okay. 

I would have liked more actual facts to back up his statements though. If they use the preseason stats, our offensive line was one of the best in the league. 

As I've stated earlier, on NFL Mobile they have the NFC South Preview under the Panthers team.  In this instance, Gregg shows his distaste for what we've not done in putting talent around Cam.  Gregg hates Shula, and the fact we continue to put literally nothing around Cam.  The fact that Benji went down and our management and coaching staff seems content with the "status quo." Shows a lot.  Plus, Gregg is a complete Cam lover.  While it was harsh, he is very frustrated with the lack of talent we've accrued around Cam.  Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.  He at least showed emotion, and actually sounded like a fan more than anything.  

Archived