• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Worst Game Preview By NFL.COM Of All Time (UPDATED)

Lilsmitty09

haha this is hilarious, not sure why they changed it but the fact they did is just a little sad all round.

More than likely the Panthers organization complained about the tone at least of the 1st video & the "organization" comment. And the NFL has tremendous respect for Jerry Richardson so it wouldn't surprise me if they mandated the change. Besides the fans' complaints. I don't find it sad that the change happened. It's like dropping certain "reality" shows because the sponsors complained. 

More than likely the Panthers organization complained about the tone at least of the 1st video & the "organization" comment. And the NFL has tremendous respect for Jerry Richardson so it wouldn't surprise me if they mandated the change. Besides the fans' complaints. I don't find it sad that the change happened. It's like dropping certain "reality" shows because the sponsors complained. 

And the Panthers and us fans have every reason to "complain". What a piss poor video. These guys are working as "professionals" for literally the top organization in sports in the entire world, and they put out stuff like that calling an organization pathetic and turning a weekly preview into a "lets just bash everything and make not one positive comment".

I felt like I was watching a youtube video done by a fan of an opposing team. It was THAT bad

I agree that under Fox and Hurney we were perpetually mediocre. Those two don't have the ability to take a team beyond that.

DG however has changed the culture and expectations. he is loading the roster with talent, and shown ability to run a first rate organization.

RR is a defensive minded coach. he's not going to have a high flying offense, but he has a punishing defense, and his players play hard for him.

Mediocre is a thing of the past. we won two division championships on years that we were getting out of cap hell and building the roster. imagine how good we'll be once we're in cruise control mode.

Ron Rivera era as of today is 3 losing records in 4 years. 

I mean you can't really bash the Fox era and pimp this one as something better yet.   Fox's first 4 years here were significantly better.  By a large margin. 

I don't necessarily buy that the organization complained. Gettleman and Rivera are generally not that concerned about media coverage.

Honestly, I just figure Rosenthal was embarrassed by how the first video came out and asked to redo it.

Notice also he changed partners from Chris Wesseling to Dan Hanzus.

I don't necessarily buy that the organization complained. Gettleman and Rivera are generally not that concerned about media coverage.

Honestly, I just figure Rosenthal was embarrassed by how the first video came out and asked to redo it.

Notice also he changed partners from Chris Wesseling to Dan Hanzus.

Greg loves Cam. And he realizes after the fact that he came off wrong and corrected his mistake. Wesseling is a tool. 

everyone's so offended these days

It wasn't about being offended.  These guys work for the NFL and basically just crapped all over an organization that has won their division twice in a row.  I can't imagine that is what they are being tasked to do by the NFL.  I just found the whole tone strange especially considering there wasn't even a "preview" to be found in the video.

It's gonna be a sad, sad day for ESPN when Carolina lays an ass whipping on their lover boy Andrew Luck. And it'll be televised nationally on their network! I'll be there laughing and pointing. Can't wait. 

Ever seen the movie "The Burbs" with Tom Hanks? Remember Hans Klopek?

2e4bzt4.jpg

Archived