• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If You Are Unsure What Carolina is Getting With Jared Allen...

chknwing

I think ate his age he'd be willing to re-structure for the simple fact, that he may enjoy finally being on a winning team. When was the last time he was on a roster that won 3 games in a row? With a shot to win the division? And the opportunity to go deep if not all the way in the playoffs? If they think he's intense now, wait to see how excited he'll play for an actual winner!

After watching that video, I love this trade.  Guy may be in the twilight of his career but he has always been known as a high motor kind of player and by the looks of it he still is.  Maybe he's lost a step but I think coming to this team where he will play his natural position, DE and not OLB, and being with Luke, TD, Star and KK will rejuvenate him.  I expect good things from Mr. Allen.

One of my friends (a Bears fan) says he's a worn out corpse who's good for basically nothing.

I guess we'll see.

Does your friend pay a lot of attention to the circumstances surrounding a player's performance?  Just two years ago Allen put up 11.5 sacks.  And last year he had pneumonia and lost 18lbs.  And now he's playing out of position.

Does your friend pay a lot of attention to the circumstances surrounding a player's performance?  Just two years ago Allen put up 11.5 sacks.  And last year he had pneumonia and lost 18lbs.  And now he's playing out of position.

Yeah and two years ago he was two years younger.

I'm aware Chicago runs a 3-4 now but Allen isn't getting any younger.

Yeah and two years ago he was two years younger.

I'm aware Chicago runs a 3-4 now but Allen isn't getting any younger.

we just need the threat of Allen to make teams alter their offensive game plan.  With Allen and Short on either side and star and love in teh middle, luke can drop back and watch the qb.  This defense is going to be something.

Cutler is actually the least of their problems.

I know what you mean, but given that Cutler is injured and Clausen is starting, Cutler is one of their biggest problems.  

That being said, Allen doesn't have to be the dominant pass rusher he use to be, he just has to be solid for it to be a good deal for us.  I don't think he will be an every down player for us anyway, at least not at first.  More likely a situational pass rusher, similar to Addison. 

Archived