• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman ignored in ESPN article about Julio Jones

PntherPryd

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/16265/defending-julio-jones-top-corners-talk-how-to-stop-falcons-top-threat

With the help of NFL Nation reporters Pat McManamon, Jeff Legwold, Josh Weinfuss and Sheil Kapadia, we asked some of the league's top cornerbacks, including Haden, to break down Jones and how to defend him. Here is what those players came up with:

The article then goes on to quote Peterson, Talib, Sherman and Haden while ending with this gem; 

Haden, Sherman, Peterson and Talib won't have to face Jones this season, unless it's in the postseason. Guys such as Indianapolis' Vontae Davis and Carolina's Josh Norman might be in for long days, considering the high level Jones is playing at right now.

It is one thing jump on a 3 game bandwagon and proclaim JJ as "the best".  I fully expect that from ESPN.

But  to totally fail at your job and not realize that Josh Norman has already set the blueprint on how to defend Jones is, indefensible.  

Part of me is selfish though and I want to keep Josh as our secret.  The fact that this article was written after JN just sealed the saints win is incredibly bad.

It is going to take us beating Seattle to start getting the respect we deserve. It doesn't matter what the Seachickens record is at that point, if we win up there, we'll start to turn the heads who are on the fence. But media gonna hate either way.

sadly you are wrong. The story won't be about Carolina at all. It will be about SEA and how far they've fallen since that play that lost them the SB. Put that in the bank bro. We'll be an afterthought

Salty about what?

The thread is about how Josh was snubbed at having already "shut down" the "best" and you chose, as a Panthers fan, to ignore Josh and point out that Julio Jones is very good.

In other words, you chose to be salty about OP putting "best" in quotes. You, as a Panthers fan, felt compelled to stick up for JJ.

Plus that meme makes me laugh.

Archived