• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just something i have needed to get off my chest for 4.5 years

Jangler

All I know is that if Luck was in Carolina, the Panther's front office would be receiving bomb threats if they attempted to surround Luck with the "talent" they have surrounded Newton with currently.

There is no way the Huddle, the media-both locally or nationally, and Luck's father would allow Luck to enter the season with Ted Ginn Jr as his No. 1 Wr, or an unproven rookie as his No. 1 Wr last season, or the crop of Wrs we had in 2 years ago. And Shula wouldn't even be allowed to be Luck's QB coach much less his OC.

The Colts' fans are complaining right now about the "lack" of talent surrounding Luck--I could only imagine how much the Huddle would be screaming if Luck's only real threat was Olsen. 

All I know is that if Luck was in Carolina, the Panther's front office would be receiving bomb threats if they attempted to surround Luck with the "talent" they have surrounded Newton with currently.

There is no way the Huddle, the media-both locally or nationally, and Luck's father would allow Luck to enter the season with Ted Ginn Jr as his No. 1 Wr, or an unproven rookie as his No. 1 Wr last season, or the crop of Wrs we had in 2 years ago. And Shula wouldn't even be allowed to be Luck's QB coach much less his OC.

The Colts' fans are complaining right now about the "lack" of talent surrounding Luck--I could only imagine how much the Huddle would be screaming if Luck's only real threat was Olsen. 

Doesn't matter what type of talent you have around him if you constantly throw to the other team.

I'm pretty sure if Newton was offered a deal where he could have Luck's receivers in exchange for his O-Line, defense, runningbacks and Greg Olsen, he'd say "hell no".

Outside of the receiving corps, the Colts have built a positively awful team.  Plenty of speculation now that the coming offseason sees both a new coach and GM in Indy.

The thing is Luck has always been an INT Machine and incosistent passer. He would throw a ton of picks, then rally in the 4th and it would look like he was this big football god in the media. It helped that he was gifted 6 wins every year. He was exposed against the Jets on national tv and now everybody knows who to play the Colts. To be fair, he isn't being helped by the coaching staff, but he makes some truly terrible decisions that I doubt Cam could ever get away with. Its entirely possible they go 6-0 in their division, 0-10 against everybody else and make the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure if Newton was offered a deal where he could have Luck's receivers in exchange for his O-Line, defense, runningbacks and Greg Olsen, he'd say "hell no".

Outside of the receiving corps, the Colts have built a positively awful team.  Plenty of speculation now that the coming offseason sees both a new coach and GM in Indy.

They are basically the wannabe Saints. A lot of flash, no substance. Their d-line couldn't sack me if Jangler and Bryon Bell clones were on the line. Their o-line is a trainwreck.

Luck is a d bag. Let's make him cry for not wanting to come here. I wanted Cam anyways.

Anyone who thinks that Luck did not come out his junior year because he did not want to come here is a moron.

He stayed in school because he wanted to (1) get his degree and (2) wanted to have his senior year in college where he was having fun.  He knew (barring injury) that he could have both of those AND be the #1 pick the next season.

When making the decision, he listened to Peyton....who told him that he should follow his heart and that he could never get his senior year back. 

Panther fans wanted to believe there was a conspiracy...but it was just not true.

You mean after you leave school, you can never go back?

Things you learn...

Difference in enjoying your senior year as big man on campus and possibly making a national championship run....and going back during the offseason to take classes.

Just like every other kid....enjoy your college days before you have to go out and actually work for a living.

I was actually hoping the Colts game would be a big, built up contest of winning teams.

Kinda anticlimactic now...

(cue the 'trap game' threads)

The way this sseasons going he might just have a good game against us.  Last night I laughed because they said that "this was Bradfords best game"  while not pointing out massive holding in there oline. Funny how that works. 

Anyone who thinks that Luck did not come out his junior year because he did not want to come here is a moron.

He stayed in school because he wanted to (1) get his degree and (2) wanted to have his senior year in college where he was having fun.  He knew (barring injury) that he could have both of those AND be the #1 pick the next season.

When making the decision, he listened to Peyton....who told him that he should follow his heart and that he could never get his senior year back. 

Panther fans wanted to believe there was a conspiracy...but it was just not true.

You are entitled to your opinion.

But you are telling me that if there had been a franchise with the #1 overall pick that the Luck's/Manning's believed in that he would have stayed in school?  That is just naive.

I'm not even saying it was the wrong choice.  If I were looking at the Panther's with their leadership at that time and players and cap situation..... and then watched JR's news conference I would have thought twice also.

He stayed in school, the colts suddenly became the worst team in football, they draft Luck and suddenly have a #1 defense for his rookie year.

I don't need much more than that to want to have my team spank both Luck and the colts.

Archived