• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Titans Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

Kinda figured since a rookie QB's best friend is the TE and Mularkey was coaching your TEs before his battlefield promotion.

Look at it this way. We were left for dead at 3-8-1 last year in a weak division. Anything can happen if the team doesn't quit. Over on the Bucs board, their fans are debating about trying to keep winning or tanking the season for a higher draft pick. Personally I hope they tank because nothing's guaranteed in the draft. Keep trying to win sends the right message to the locker room and good things can happen, like coming outta nowhere to take the division title.

Realistically we are only 2 games out of it, that's how bad this division is.  I've just learned my lesson on getting my hopes up for miraculous turnarounds.  Our upcoming schedule is pretty tough.  We have you guys, New England, Oakland, NYJ, and Indy again.  I have a hard time seeing us finishing better than 5-11.   If we win out in our division (not bloody likely) and steal one from the Jets or Raiders (or Panthers lol) AND the Colts fall apart then maaaaaaayyyyybe we could sneak into the playoffs with a 7-9 record a la the Seahawks a few years back.  It's a hell of an uphill battle though.  

10 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

Realistically we are only 2 games out of it, that's how bad this division is.  I've just learned my lesson on getting my hopes up for miraculous turnarounds.  Our upcoming schedule is pretty tough.  We have you guys, New England, Oakland, NYJ, and Indy again.  I have a hard time seeing us finishing better than 5-11.   If we win out in our division (not bloody likely) and steal one from the Jets or Raiders (or Panthers lol) AND the Colts fall apart then maaaaaaayyyyybe we could sneak into the playoffs with a 7-9 record a la the Seahawks a few years back.  It's a hell of an uphill battle though.  

Yes it does look tough, but your rookie QB needs to see that the organization will continue to try to win despite the odds. Who saw Luck's injury happening and opening the door for you? Raiders are an injury away also, since they're not deep. Jets have a QB? Are they time-sharing that QB with the Texans? And so on and so on. Hell, DeAngelo Williams might be calling up Mularkey and spilling his guts about us since he's mad about us not coming to his Mom's funeral in the off-season last year then cutting him this past off-season. Just never know.

18 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

They're really going to be down 1-3 CB's? How did that work out for the packers? 

Jason McCourty was officially ruled out today. Perrish Cox and Blidi Wreh-Wilson are limited in practice today, but they both could sit out with hamstring injuries, especially with Tennessee playing next Thursday night. I could be wrong, but that leaves them with Cody Riggs, UDFA, Coty Sensabaugh and  B.W Webb.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

McCourty is officially out.  Perrish Cox and Blidi Wreh Wilson are questionable I believe.  BWW is truly awful so he's no big loss.  Might be beneficial to us if he's out actually. 

So, if we can keep the pressure off cam, the big play potential will be there 

13 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

So, if we can keep the pressure off cam, the big play potential will be there 

Most definitely.  If there's one thing we've done consistently well this season though it's getting after the QB.  Of course Cam presents a rather unique challenge.   I trust Lebeau to put together a solid gameplan against him it's just going to be a matter of whether or not the players can execute it. 

15 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

Most definitely.  If there's one thing we've done consistently well this season though it's getting after the QB.  Of course Cam presents a rather unique challenge.   I trust Lebeau to put together a solid gameplan against him it's just going to be a matter of whether or not the players can execute it. 

Yeah, that's why I said to keep the pressure off him.  I know you guys have done a great job getting to the qb.  The offensive line better be ready to battle 

8 hours ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

I've said it a bunch, but really our chances in this is all going to boil down to the OL.  If they get dominated then it's going to be a long day and I could see a blowout.  If they can play at a respectable level then I think Mariota can have some success with the quick passing game and we just might make it a ballgame.   For the record I am not optimistic that our OL can holdup. 

That's pretty standard for all teams, very few cam overcome terrible Oline play. There has to be more to it than that. If we prepare properly, then I see us winning undoubtedly. New HC with little to no film on is an advantage to you. 

• Pie 1

Dick LeBeau is the wild card for me.  He made the Steelers D for quite a number of years.  This is just the type game where he has a plan to disrupt what we are doing on offense.  Granted, he will be innovative in blitz packages, but he does not have the great ammunition to work with like he had in Pittsburgh.

I can see the Olines ultimately winning or losing the game this Sunday.  Our Olines transformation has taken us from a .500 team to one of the unbeatens.  Mariota is going to do quite well in the NFL, but in his rookie season, and with a terrible Oline, he will only be able to show flashes of what he is capable of.  If either QB is given all day to pass, the die will have been cast.

I am more of a realist and would never get on a website and talk down another team.  Numbers tell me that Panthers will win a close one.  30-24

2 hours ago, stirs said:

Dick LeBeau is the wild card for me.  He made the Steelers D for quite a number of years.  This is just the type game where he has a plan to disrupt what we are doing on offense.  Granted, he will be innovative in blitz packages, but he does not have the great ammunition to work with like he had in Pittsburgh.

He definitely doesn't have the talent he had in Pittsburgh's heyday.  But don't sleep on our front 7.  Jurrell Casey is a beast and would most likely be talked about as one of the best D-linemen in the game if he were on a more relevant team.  Derrick Morgan really seems to have taken a big step forward in year two of this switch to the 3-4.  He and Orakpo are really getting after the QB.  I'll give you the defense doesn't look intimidating on paper, but regardless it's working. 

We're 3rd against the pass and have 22 sacks, but we absolutely can be run on.  I think getting Stewart going will be key for you guys in this one.  Of course Cam brings that x-factor himself.  I was listening to Greg Cosell talking about this matchup on one of our local radio shows and he was saying you guys run more different formations and groupings with your backfield than any other team in the league.  Our defense definitely has their work cut out for them. 

22 hours ago, Mrs Pantherfan said:

We had a kickass lead at halftime against GB and look what happened? I never underestimate teams...when you do, that's when you lose.

What does you, as a fan, under or overestimating Panther's opponents have to do with the Panthers winning or losing?

At all?