• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Curious Case of Cam Newton

Darknight

The most improved part of our team (O Line) has enabled the QB to be a pocket passer and not run for his life.  It has also opened holes for our running game.  Wilson's future will only get worse next season as their money woes cause them to lose Okung.  Kaep lost a couple biggies after last season and we all know his trajectory

3 hours ago, Darknight said:

https://realfootballnetwork.com/blog/2015/11/11/the-curious-case-of-cam-newton/

I didn't see it post it and I even did a search on the link and didn't find it anywhere. It's real informative and disproves the notion that Cam Newton is a running QB. He makes most of his plays from the pocket unlike Russel Wilson and Kapernick.

Didn't read yet.

Those who say Cam doesn't throw from the pocket (or he's not a Pocket passer) are either disingenuous, lazy, or frauds.

Because, both Rivera and Shula have always maintained (going back to his college tape and interviews with his coaches) that Cam stays in the pocket, and virtually never leaves. This was reiterated again in the ESPN/QB articles (if you can't see with your own eyes). When he runs, it's usually a called run mostly, and/or a break down in the line or a wide open lane,-as early last week vs Green bay. However, he stands tall and throws from the pocket. Always has.

It's actually RG3, Kaep, and Wilson, who need constant motion, fakes, one read, quick throws, and/or a running game, defense in order to be successful. Not Cam. Why is this so hard to see and separate?

The Panthers run Cam, cause he's very good at it. However, when he throws; he throws. And it's usually standing tall in the pocket going through his reads (unlike those other "running QB's).

Cam will be a HOF Qb as long as he stays healthy and I believe that 100%. Qb is not played with just natural skill, athleticism and arm talent. Not to say these attributes aren't important because they are but what is most important is being able to play the game between the ears and this is where Cam has been improving the most. I personally believe that no other dual threat Qb is/was able to diagnose a defense like Cam can and he will only get better at it. You also have to be willing to put the work in day in and day out and prepare nonstop Cam understands this and he does put the work in. We have a special person at Qb and I don't care if anyone else outside this fan base realizes this right now because I know when it's all said and done Cam will go down as the best dual threat to ever play the game.

Cam is an absolute monster. He has morphed this year into something completely unique in the league. If Cam continues this trajectory and the team continues to build around him, he is going to set the NFL on fire and rewrite the record books (well at least the ones he hasn't owned already). Another year or two in this system, perfecting the no-huddle is going to pay huge dividends when we are averaging over 30 a game and straight blowing the doors off of everyone we play.

Pats better get while the getting is good, because we are coming.

14 minutes ago, joemac said:

Cam is an absolute monster. He has morphed this year into something completely unique in the league. If Cam continues this trajectory and the team continues to build around him, he is going to set the NFL on fire and rewrite the record books (well at least the ones he hasn't owned already). Another year or two in this system, perfecting the no-huddle is going to pay huge dividends when we are averaging over 30 a game and straight blowing the doors off of everyone we play.

Wait till KB comes back next year, and Funchess improves (along with Philly, Olsen, Ginn and Cotch)!!

Of course, let's root for the 2015 Panthers to win the Supe Bowl (no jinx) this year, of course!! LOL

24 minutes ago, joemac said:

Double

I love how the stats guys and analytics folks are just scratching their heads.  How can Cam be playing so well when he doesn't fit our expectations?!

I love it!  What a great time to be a Panther fan.  I love seeing the old articles posted about how Cam was going to be such a bust...Yeah =P

The biggest take way from these analysises of Cam's play is that Cam is winning because he doesn't give up.  his numbers are rarely pretty, but he keeps grinding.  Keeps pounding...hrm, where have I heard that before?

I love being a Panther fan!

Seems like right now it's sheer determination, and a strive for greatness that all these guys are feeding off each other with. They don't want to let each other down. Look at the Panthers sidelines toward the end of the games we've played, guys are completely dialed in. That tells you something.

Truthfully it may sound cliche, but I think Newton just has that win at all costs "it" factor that many great QB's before him had.

13 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I love how the stats guys and analytics folks are just scratching their heads.  How can Cam be playing so well when he doesn't fit our expectations?!

I love it!  What a great time to be a Panther fan.  I love seeing the old articles posted about how Cam was going to be such a bust...Yeah =P

The biggest take way from these analysises of Cam's play is that Cam is winning because he doesn't give up.  his numbers are rarely pretty, but he keeps grinding.  Keeps pounding...hrm, where have I heard that before?

I love being a Panther fan!

Yeah. So many of them still can't wrap their empty collective heads around the notion that Cam is actually a Pocket Passer-who can run, unlike practically every so called "Running QB" who came before, and with him into the NFL (such as Kaep, RG3, and even the sainted Russell Wilson).

Archived